Public Affairs & Communications Manager
Jobs at:Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
Deadline of this Job:
10 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Closing Date : 2022/04/10
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. In Uganda, CCBA is represented by Century Bottling Company Limited and Rwenzori Bottling Company Limited.
We are currently seeking to recruit Public Affairs & Communications Manager (PAC-Manager) based in Kampala.
Asa PAC Manager, you will report directly to the PAC Director.
Key Purpose Statement
To design and oversee the implementation of a Public Affairs and Communication strategy and plan which directly supports the commercial objectives of the local market, covering media relations, government and other key stakeholder relations, industry affairs, corporate and sustainability accountability, and internal and external communications. To ensure that the PAC team has the skills and resources required to deliver the plan.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Guide and support the implementation of the PAC Strategy
• Interprets business strategy and develops country PAC priorities that support country plans and are in line with Group PAC strategy.
• Scan and understands socio-economic landscape as they relate to business CSI programs and use our CSI programs to enlist a positive image of CCBA with stakeholders
• Participates in the development of PAC strategic priorities and give input
Build, enhance and maintain relationships with critical business stakeholders
• Identify key stakeholders, both internally and externally to support the effective implementation of business strategy
• Maintaining and enhancing CCBA’s corporate reputation, trust and credibility through strategic stakeholder engagement and media relations
• Maintaining CCBA’s positive relations with provincial and municipal regulators to retain and protect our retail licensing and support business commercial agenda.
• Mitigating business risks and protecting provincial licenses through effective regulatory management
• Identify opportunities for PR activities to enhance Corporate Identity and reputation
• Facilitates the implementation of Sustainability Projects in support of the Sustainability Framework and Socio-Economic Development
• Driving the implementation of global commitments in partnership with provincial and or local stakeholders
• Manage implementation of community partnership programs to positively position CCBA as a leading Corporate Citizen
• Manage implementation of Enterprise development programs to enhance CCBA’s corporate reputation and position as a leader in Corporate programs
Manage internal and external communication in the region
• Implement an internal communication framework aligned to the corporate communication framework
• Integrate divisional information with regional programs with the assistance of a Communication specialist
• Ensure CCBA employees in the regions are adequately informed of company policies and aligned
• Advice on communication issues and methods for the region
• Contribute content to the various regular in-house & external publications
• Manage communication process in-country
• Develop and maintain regional and local media relations
• Manage public relations activities for the region to support overall business initiatives, regional initiatives and to foster social cohesion with communities
Skills, Experience & Education
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in BCom B. Social Science / Communication
• Minimum 5 years experience in community development, Stakeholder Management, and Engagement and at the middle to senior management level
• A sound understanding of corporate, business, and socio-economic dynamics (including an understanding of the National Development Plan and the role of business in supporting this
• Strong Project management and implementation experience
• Excellent writing skills and information organizing skills
• Influencing and Negotiation skills
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to build networks and relationships
• Initiative and self-driven
• Problem Solving and Conflict resolution skills
• Strong service and work ethic
• Planning and organizing ability
• Knowledge of Corporate Reputation and its measurement
Persons with disability are encouraged to attend
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.