Quality and Patient Safety Supervisor
Jobs at:CURE Children's Hospital of Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Quality and Patient Safety Supervisor
Reports Directly to: Executive Director (Administration) and Medical Director (Clinical)
Staff Reporting to Position: Medical/QPS Assistant
Review Date: March 2022
To ensure timely and effective planning, coordinating and monitoring of the implementation of the hospital’s Quality and Patient Safety program and infection and prevention control strategies at CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda (CCHU). This role involves assuring the quality of health care services offered including documentation on standards and making certain that all hospital services meet specified requirements and are consistent with high quality patient care standards. Reports to the Executive Director (Administration) and Medical Director (Clinical) along with under the guidance of CURE MSC’s Director, Quality & Patient Safety.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Update the hospital’s policies/standard operating procedures in line with Infection control, Occupation Health & Safety, and patient safety that are in accordance with CURE International’s network standards, CCHU goals and client expectations.
• Ensure policy and Standard operating procedures compliance with National and accreditation standards and legislations as embraced by CURE International’s network directives.
• Set QA objectives and make sure that targets are achieved in accordance with agreed budgets and time scales.
• Implement standard operation procedures throughout CCHU working together with the department heads and other technical staff. .
• Quality and Patient Safety
• Develop hospital quality improvement action plans for internal and external audits.
• Schedule and coordinate internal Quality and Patient Safety audits.
• Coordinate and support risk assessment and management audits.
• Monitor clinical and non-clinical process and outcomes, and system issues related to quality and patient safety.
• Implement open and closed chart audits and disseminate results to the users.
• Follow up on corrective actions for departmental action plans.
• Maintain close working relationships with other department managers and supervisory personnel in order to meet and maintain service quality, identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality service delivery, maximize productivity, and comply with regulatory requirements. the health and safety activities of CCHU in accordance with the Health and Safety Act 2006.
• Provide suitable and current information concerning health and safety policies and practices in the hospital.
• Keep custody of all documents and data related to Quality and Patient Safety.
• Identify and investigate performance improvement events, opportunities, trends and sentinel events.
• Infection Prevention and Control function
• Oversee the implementation of the policies and procedures laid down in infection manual in all areas of the hospital.
• Coordinate the infection control departmental link staff and operational meetings internally and externally for infection prevention issues.
• Perform surveillance activities to capture and monitor infection, prevention and control data, share. Identify causes for gaps, measures to ensure improvement, coordinating activities, analyzing data and reporting findings reduce the occurrence.
• Develop monitoring tools, checklist, and observation checklist to ensure that there is a hospital wide compliance with MOH guidelines, laws, policies and standards for quality of patient adhered to.
• Take appropriate action to prevent and control Hospital Acquired Infection in patients also analyze the data on monthly basis.
• Inspect the CCHU environment and observe staff activities to detect possible infection hazards. Plan, organize and coordinate audit and monitoring of wards, hospital environment to ensure the infection prevention and control practices.
• Monitor process of biomedical waste segregation, handling, transportation and implement the national guidelines in hospital premises.
• Developed and implement a hospital infection control training program for both clinical and non-clinical staff. Assess risks to health and safety implement necessary measures to avert the risks.
• Coordinate and update the senior management teams on infection prevention and control on monthly basis and give advice to improve practices for infection prevention.
• Monitor and implement the laundry and kitchen sanitation, heath checkups, disinfection protocols as well as other scheduled hospital infection prevention activity.
• Perform other duties as required within the applicable scope of practice and policies.
• Perform orientation training on Quality Management for new employees.
• Identify, develop and implement strategies for relevant quality related training needs throughout CCHU.
• Compile training manuals and materials for various locations in CCHU as needed.
• Interpret and conduct staff training on Quality and Patient Safety standards, policies, procedures, clinical protocols/guidelines/pathways for implementation.
• Documenting and Communication Function
• Develop template for reporting on going QA activities to senior management on a monthly basis.
• Meetings for Quality Assurance Subcommittees mobilized, reminders for the meeting and action points to be worked on.
• Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across CCHU.
• Spiritual Ministry
• Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
• Other official related duties that might be assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Nursing, Clinical Medicine, or Medical laboratory techniques/ Technology.
• At least two (2) years of work experience in a Quality and Patient Safety role in a health care setting.
• Work experience in a supervisory capacity is an added advantage.
• Additional training in health service management, Quality and patient safety standards is an added advantage.
• Must be registered with the relevant Professional Council.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, meet deadlines, and make effective decisions.
• Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications) and computer-based applications).
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to details.
• Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
• Must be able to effectively communicate ideas (verbally and in writing), be a self-starter and handle difficult reporting situations.
• Ability to work in and contribute to a team building environment.
• Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives with minimum supervision.
• Exhibit the highest qualities of honesty and integrity in the handling of hospital resources.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants must submit their documents as a single combined pdf file to include: cover letter, resume, salary history, and a current practicing License with the Allied Health Professionals Council, and references to the Human Resource Manager, P.O. Box 903, Mbale or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Hand delivers to CURE Children’s Hospital, Plot 97-103 Bugwere Road, Mbale.
Further information may be obtained by calling 0778832854.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is open until positions are filled.
These positions are full-time - fixed term renewable and based in Mbale.
CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviews, reference verification, appointment, training, or any other fees).
CURE Children’s Hospital of Uganda will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondences or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. All forms of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.