Social Work Supervisor
Jobs at:CURE Children’s Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports directly to: Operations Manager
Staff Reporting to Position: Social Workers
Department: Social Work
Review Date: January 2022
To provide leadership to the social work department, strengthen the social work function, and coordinate Partnerships and Patients Sponsorships Services.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Supervision of Social Work Department
• Supervise the team of Social Workers while providing social work services to CURE patients and their family members.
• Attend supervisors’ meetings scheduled by the HR office.
• Scheduling, and shift management for social workers.
• Develop, implement, and monitor the goals and objectives of the social work department.
• Participate in needs identification, planning, and budgeting for the department activities per activity and annually.
• Identify gaps for the social work team and implement training to address any gaps.
• Appraise the performance of social workers.
• Streamline and implement Patient Sponsorship tracking and reporting processes, such as the use of the patient sponsorship forms.
Social Worker Role
• Assessments: Conduct patient and family assessments for each patient including all aspects of socio-economic background that will be important to providing quality services.
• Actively manage a caseload of assigned patients/families in the provision of Social Work services offered at the hospital and links to the community.
• Ensure smooth running of mobile clinics
• Prepare and submit routine reports documenting various activities done.
Contributions/payment plans for hospital services
• Ensure that Charity patients families/caregivers understand their medical bills. Explain the patient sponsorship benefit from CCHU and any other available partner organization to which they have been assigned to.
• Utilize the socio-economic assessments done by Social Workers to identify possible CBR and other support community organization from their community or region to link the patient to.
• Discuss medical bills and payment plans in with private, adult patients in consultation with the finance office.
• Provide financial counseling to patients’ families/caregivers.
Coordinate Partner and Patients Sponsorship Function.
• Ensure MoUs with partner organizations and Patients Sponsors are properly signed and efficiently implemented as agreed.
• Assign social work team members to respective partner organizations and patients sponsors as contact persons.
• Streamline the Patient Sponsorship reporting process and implement the use of the patient sponsorship form.
• Ensure that the team is able to enrll charity patients and allocate them to the available partner and patient sponsor organizations including CCHU to enable easy distribution and allocation of funds and reporting whenever they fall due.
• Actively work with your supervisor and finance team to provide strategies for payment plans, increasing collection, and efficiency with private, adult patients, and sponsor organizations.
• Ensure that invoices are issued promptly to private and adult patients, partners, and patient sponsorship organizations as soon as the service is provided.
Occupational Health & Safety function
• All staff are expected to work in such a way that does not cause injury to themselves, other staff members, or customers.
• Following & complying with H&S policies, and processes & applying them to their own work activities, including using/wearing Personal Protective Equipment as required.
• Participating in activities directed at preventing harm & promoting well-being in the workplace Identifying, reporting & self-managing hazards where appropriate.
• Early and accurate reporting of incidents at work and raising issues of concern when identified.
Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor
• Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field.
• At least 3 years of work experience in Social Work/Community rehabilitation programs and most preferably a health care setting.
• At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory position.
• Social work experience in a Hospital or Rehabilitation setting is an added advantage
• A certificate in counseling and guidance is an added advantage.
• Computer knowledge in MS Office Suite, e-mail, and the internet.
• Competent i.e. counseling and managing confidential information.
• Competent in general office skills
• Good teamwork, negotiating, and people management skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• High-level planning and organizational skills including efficient and effective time management and the ability to prioritize tasks.
Essential personal attributes and aptitudes
• Positive attitude
• Adherence to Christian ethos
• Innovative and independent thinker
• Exhibit high qualities of honesty and integrity when handling hospital resources
• Ability to travel long distances for satellite clinics and patients home visits/follow-up
• Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives with minimum supervision
• Ability to lead a team, assign roles and resolve conflict amongst teams
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants must submit their documents as a single combined pdf file to include: a cover letter, resume, salary history, and a current practicing License with the Allied Health Professionals Council, and references to the Human Resource Manager, P.O. Box 903, Mbale
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Hand delivers to CURE Children’s Hospital, Plot 97-103 Bugwere Road, Mbale.
Further information may be obtained by calling 0778832854.
The deadline for receipt of all applications is April 30, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.