Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Requisition ID: req27622
Job Title: Sonographer
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Bidibidi, Uganda
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development - bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kiryandongo and Zombo.
The IRC is currently implementing its health and nutrition program in West Nile and Acholi focusing on providing primary health care services to refugees in their settlements. Similar services will be extended to the new locations starting January 2020.
IRC is currently looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated persons to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission.
To carry out Sonographic imaging for diagnosis treatment and management of patients. This job should be carried out with utmost transparency, professionalism and duty of care.
• Work plans and budgets prepared.
• Patients prepared for investigation and treatment.
• Sonographic imaging carried out.
• Patients protected against radiation.
• Patients in need of specialized imaging referred.
• Sonographic operational equipment maintained.
• Materials and sundries requisitioned and accounted.
• Reports prepared and submitted.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Preparing and submitting work plans and budgets for Sonographic activities in the hospital.
• Preparing patients for Sonographic investigation and treatment.
• Carrying out Sonographic imaging and submit reports to Clinician.
• Providing protection to patients against radiation and radioactive materials.
• Identifying and recommending referral of patients in need of specialized imaging.
• Maintaining Sonographic operational equipment.
• Requisitioning and accounting for Sonographic materials and sundries allocated.
• Preparing and submitting performance reports to relevant authorities.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Deadline for receiving applications is May 26th,2022
• Must have a Diploma in Medical Sonography from a recognized Institution.
• Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
• At least three years working experience in Primary Health Care settings:
• Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating health activities.
• Experience in Information management.
• Planning, organizing and coordinating.
• Guidance and counseling.
• Records and Information management.
• Information Technology.
• Concern for quality and standards.
• Ethics and integrity.
• Time management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.