- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusunimenarbeit ( GIZ )
Deadline of this Job:
29 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BM) has commissioned the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusunimenarbeit (GIZ) with the Programme "Strengthening Governance and Civil Society in Uganda", co-funded by the European Union.
The main objective of the programme is that selected state and civil society actors in Uganda are in better position to work towards the compliance with human rights and governance principles in their respective areas of responsibility.
Structurally, the programme focuses on 3 main components: 1) Strengthening Accountability 2) Strengthening Human Rights and 3) Strengthening Civil Society in Uganda Support Programme (CUSP).
Under Strengthening Accountability, GIZ works with the Office of the Auditor General (OAG), the Inspectorate of Government (IG) and the Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Authority (PPDA). Through collaborative efforts between the OAG, IG and PPDA the component seeks to strengthen the fight against corruption and to increase accountability and transparency in Uganda.
GIZ is now recruiting an Administration Officer to support the financial and logistical administration of the Strengthening Accountability Component (SAC) under the Strengthening Governance and Civil Society Programme (GCSP).
Job Title: Administration Officer
Duty station: 1 Kampala ,
Ref. No: GIZ SAC/IPO/031120 .
A. Key Responsibilities
The Administration Officer is responsible for:
• Providing administrative services for the component.
• Meeting the administrative needs of the office independently, with minimum supervision,
• Ensuring that GIZ financial and administrative regulations are complied with
• Providing logistical support to project activities (workshops, trainings).
• Managing daily operations and project office facilities related to the office.
• Communicating with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office.
• Organising and preparation of events, meetings and activities related to the office in close collaboration with staff members of the component.
• Filing according to GIZ filing system
• Monitors the availability of accessories and stocks.
• Monthly calculating of fuel consumption for project vehicles.
• Responsible for organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (fieldwork, meetings, workshops, transport etc.).
• Supports the Technical Advisors in filing documents in reference files and in DMS in line with GIZ's filing rules.
• Photocopies and scans documents as assigned by Head of Component. Records and ensuring that all assets for the component are timely inventoried.
• Cross checks telephone bills and ensures private bills are declared. Procurement
• Maintains, carries out, and is responsible for local procurement (negotiates costs, prepares orders, inspects delivery etc.), including quotation procedures, according to GIZ guidelines.
• Supports the Technical Advisors to monitor contracts. Keeps database on suppliers and conducts regular search for alternatives
• Receives and checks delivered materials.
• Preparing financial documents (vouchers, receipts, invoices etc.) to be delivered to country office. Prepare for internal/ external controls and audits.
• Responsible for financial management such as: cash withdrawals, keeping the cash book, bank accounts, bank reconciliation, cash count and posting vouchers.
• Checking and calculating travel claims for both local and international official trips.
• Checks invoice, delivery receipts and other papers and sign them/submit them for payment.
• Other duties/additional tasks
• Other duties and tasks in the framework of SAC at the request of management Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required, Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required qualifications, competences and experience Qualifications
• University degree in Business Administration and/or a related field. Professional experience, Other knowledge and additional competences
• At least 5 years' professional experience in a comparable position
• Working experience for GIZ and knowledge of GIZ procedures, processes, rules and standards is an added advantage.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 6 pages only. Please include the names and contacts of three references in the CVs. No other attachments are required at this stage. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line Applications should be received by 5.00 pm on the 29th March 2020.
Please note that this is a national position.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.