Administrator and Finance Manager
Jobs at:Radio Maria Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Association Radio Maria Uganda is the organization running Radio Maria, a Catholic radio that has been active since 1996, under the guiding principle of the international mother organization World Family of Radio Maria. The mission of Radio Maria is to be a media for Evangelization. In Uganda it is present in Kampala, Mbarara, Hoima, Mbale, Gulu, Masaka, Fort Portal, Nebbi, Moroto, Kabale, Lira.
Job Title: Administrator and Finance Manager.
Organisation: Radio Maria Uganda.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda.
Reports to: Operative Coordinator.
Performs all the necessary professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records and reports; maintains accurate ledgers and subsidiary financial systems and assists in the preparation of assigned budgets and annual audit; provides direction and formats to all staff in terms of accounting for all financial resources and fixed assets; and, carries out the Administrative function for the organization with the assistance of assigned management staff. .
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Finance Officer
• Perform all the necessary professional accounting functions supporting operations; maintain accuracy of general, revenue and expenditure ledgers and all other subsidiary financial records.
• Reconcile all ledgers and records; prepare financial statements and reports, general and subsidiary ledgers and supporting schedules; research and resolve discrepancies.
• Review and audit all accounts payable, purchase orders, cash receipts, business licenses, payroll to correct accounts and ensure that all accounts balance daily.
• Provide assistance in the development of the annual budget; assist in the review and validation of the annual budget.
• Develop all the necessary formats, spreadsheets, documents and graphs to enable clear and transparent accountability of financial and all other assets of the organization; assist in preparing the quarterly and annual budget documents for approval.
• Prepare bank reconciliations and related journal entries for relevant accounts.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial and statistical reports and account summaries; participate in the year-end audit and compile and prepare supporting work papers and financial reports as requested by the auditors.
• Maintain and track fixed asset inventory control records.
• Prepare property tax remittances for payment (including PAYE, NSSF, etc)
As the Administrator:
• Respond courteously to public inquiries, provide appropriate and up-to date information; resolve issue in an efficient and timely manner, in consultation with the relevant staff.
• Receive and properly file all documents and correspondences for easy retrieval when needed.
• Work collaboratively with the National Program Director and other relevant staff to create and maintain a data base of listeners and supporters of RMU.
• Work collaboratively with the Promotions Manager and other relevant staff to create and maintain a data base of contributors and supporters of Radio Maria Uganda.
• Provide assistance to other management staff as needed;
• Create individual staff Employee Files and continuously update the data there in contained.
• Carry out special department projects as assigned by the competent authorities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance or related fields.
• A qualification in ICT or related fields
• A post-graduate qualification in Management and Administration or any other related field will be an added advantage
• Must be ready to serve the institution diligently and faithfully; ready to contribute to it success.
• Have good communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
• Have competency in the use of Financial and Accounting computer packages
• Great analytical skills
• Excellent planning, development and management skills.
• Punctual, dynamic, flexible and management skills.
• Punctual in implementing tasks established with the management and a great team worker.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should Email their application letter, CV including 3 work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org deadline for applying is 25th September 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.