Jobs at:Forum for Women in Democracy(FOWODE)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Forum for Women in Democracy is a women's non governmental organization based in Kampala. FOWODE birthed and launched SPEAK FM in 2012. The Radio is a non-partisan community radio based in Gulu whose aim is to reach thousands of people in the greater Acholi and Lango sub-region, empowering then to champion issues of gender equality, democracy, civic education, participation and livelihoods through excellent broad cast for better choices.
SPEAK FM Radio wishes to add to her team in Gulu, competent, results driven, dynamic and selfdriven individuals and is seeking applications to fill the vacant posts.
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Station Manager
Manage, maintain and coordinate the Station's Administrative, Finance and Front Desk Roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
Finance Manage, maintain and coordinate all the financial activities of the Station in line with SPEAK FM's accounting and administration standards.
Duties and responsibilities.
1. Bill and collect all dues for all services offered by the station in time
2. Account for all revenue received at the station.
3. Manage all station expenditures in line with the Finance Manual guidelines.
4. Coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management systems for speak FM
5. Prepare financial reports and other required accounting reports.
6. Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls and safeguards.
7. Interact with other sections to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management reports and recommendations.
8. Ensure accounting receipts and records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted standards.
1. Receive visitors and provide relevant and accurate information.
2. Maintain records of guest visits in visitors' log and maintain office phone list to help visitors and employees in all communication.
3. Monitor guests and inform appropriate employee regarding guest requests for department. 4. Scheduling and tracking appointments for the station team.
5. Handling internal communications, such as office memos.
6. Attend, screen and divert all incoming calls and forward messages to appropriate staff.
7. Ensure neat and clean front office area and maintain a welcoming environment for both employees and customers.
8. Maintain and manage records and documents for the office.
9. Request, store and account for the office supplies and stationery.
10. Manage bills for the station
Qualifications and experience required
• The candidate should have an Ordinary Diploma. A degree in business administration, or accounting, is an added advantage.
• Administrative skills including knowledge and use of computers is an essential requirement
• Basic skills and experience in Accounting and Front Office management is a must
• Knowledge of finance, accounting and administration
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail Strong ability to multitask
• Excellent organizing and planning skills
Job Education Requirements: Ordinary Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
It is desirable that candidates know both Luo and English. However, lack of knowledge of Luo will not be a determinant for suitable candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and curriculum vitae to the following link on the FOWODE website. Suitably qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent not later than 20" November 2020 at 5.00pm. Please do not attach your academic documents.
We do appreciate your interest to work with SPEAK FM. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.