Jobs at:Health Partners
Deadline of this Job:
15 January 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Advocacy officer Responsibilities
• Support HPU efforts at national level to achieve gender and women empowerment targets
• Partner commitments are filled on time at or above what they expected
• Support MTIC, MOH partnership expansion
• Advocacy issues are identified and coordinated with relevant partners
• Lead project BCC strategic planning and ensure outcomes from promotional investments inform strategy.
• Quality reporting and leadership by example
• Financial accountability
1. Bachelor’s degree in management, Communication, health care administration or a related field
2. A Master’s degree in in a relevant field will be added advantage
3. Minimum five years experience leading advocacy and behavior change communication interventions and efforts in an international organization .
4. Demonstrated experience in idenitiying communication opportunities and developing behavior change communication messages and materials and ensuring they reach intended receipients
5. Proven ability to identify advocacy issues from program implementation and design strategies for engaging duty bearers including Parliament, Ministries and leaders at district level
6. Exceptional ability to organize data in tables, graphs and presentations to make it meaningful for staff and partners ranging from those with no experience in data analysis to key decision makers at District and National levels.
7. Strong self motivation, negotiation, interpersonal skills, desire to learn and interest in helping people achieve their goals.
8. Ability to recognize and resolve potential gaps and challenges before they become problematic.
9. This position is based full time in Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel to Mbarara, Mbale and Gulu.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full medical and dental benefits are included.
The Advocacy officer reports to the Program Manager .
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.