Agriculture Officer / Manager Retail
Farm Source Ltd (FSL)
Deadline of this Job:
29th November 2018
Date Posted: 26 November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Farm Source Ltd (FSL) is a private limited Firm established in 2006 to provide Veterinary Medicines, Agricultural Chemicals, improved seeds, and extension services. To date, the firm has expanded into six sales outlets and it operates three farms engaged in mixed farming and a nursery bed. Effective 2017, a new business model was developed aimed at turning around the Company into Agricultural production.
Job Title: Agriculture Officer / Manager Retail
Reporting To: General Manager
Responsible for: Retail Assistants (Crop Assistants & Veterinary Assistants)
Salary Grade: F3
Job Purpose: To promote modern, productive agriculture inputs & increase revenue through sale of these products
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Training staff, customers, farmers and the general public on new agriculture products, practices and technologies
- Provide Leadership to the team under retail section
- Supervising and providing technical support to line Sales representatives/retail assistants
- Manage the daily running of the agriculture input outlets including selling, requisition for supplies, quality storage of drugs, staff supervision and promotion of good working environment
- Identify and monitor competitors’ activities and market conditions or changes that may affect sales, as well as advice on relevant economic aspects of the agriculture industry.
- Ensure cash and cash equivalents are banked timely and intact
- Ensure that goods received are properly categorized, priced, costed as well as proper periodic stock-taking is carried out in a timely manner
- Ensure that all goods are properly received into stores, appropriately and put under safe custody
- Provide good customer care to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensures Opening and closing business premises and sales outlets timely
- Ensuring that stock is monitored and does not get expired including producing monthly expiry survey reports
- Ensuring that the sales outlets are clean and well arranged
- Prepare and submit periodic performance reports including weekly, monthly and annual reports as required by the supervisors
- Maintaining safe custody and accountability of all company property and trading stock under your supervision
- Supervise & develop staff under his/her supervision through, professional training, coaching, delegation, appraisal and feedback to ensure promotion of products & services
- Providing advice on agriculture practices and disease prevention measures.
- Develop marketing strategies/plans, operational plans and price reviews for Company agriculture inputs and services for discussion and approval by management.
- Any other duties related to the above as may be assigned from time to time
- An Honors Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture or Agricultural Extension Services 0r Agri business management or horticulture or a related degree from a recognized University OR institution
- Should have a minimum of 2 years working experience in agriculture and or Veterinary sector from a reputable organization
- Ability to work for long hours
- Business-focused and customer satisfaction-oriented
- Cost consciousness and proven ability to pursue value for money
- Presentation, representational and reporting abilities.
- Interpersonal and human relations skills
- Persuasive and reliable personality
- Coordination & Networking skills
Job application procedure
FSL now invites qualified and interested persons ready to work with a motivated team to submit detailed applications for the following positions that exist in the Company. Applications should bear the tittle of the position with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating names and addresses of three referees, one recent passport size photograph, photocopy of the National Identity Card, applicants’ daytime telephone contact and copies of all academic certificates.
The applications should be addressed to the Director Farm Source Limited and sent via email firstname.lastname@example.org and should reach not later than Thursday 29th November, 2018 at 12:00p.m. Applicants should ensure that attachments are sent as a single document and use the Job title as E-mail subject.