Jobs at:Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CoRSU)
Deadline of this Job:
24th May 2019
Date Posted: 24th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CoRSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported
by CBM (Christian Blind Mission).
CoRSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability.
CoRSU Hospital is urgently looking for young and dynamic potential professionals in the following fields:
Position: Anesthetic Officer
Reports to: Head of Anaesthesiology
Overall job objective:
To provide evidence - based, safe, high quality perioperative care and anaesthesia for
all patients requiring surgery at CoRSU Hospital..
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Assess all patients preoperatively either in OPD or on the ward and document accurately on the anaesthetic chart and explain all anaesthetic procedures precisely.
• Organize preoperative investigations if required and check results prior to surgery.
• Discuss all problems patients with the Anaesthesiologist in charge and communicate effectively with the surgeon.
• Check all equipment in theatre is functional before starting the list and ensure adequate emergency oxygen supply is available.
• Administer a safe, pain free anaesthetic which is documented fully on the anaesthetic chart.
• Monitor closely patient reaction to anaesthesia and surgery.
• Prescribe intravenous fluids for the immediate postoperative period if required.
• Advise the surgeon on appropriate postoperative analgesia and doses.
• Actively participate in the postoperative recovery care in the PACU.
• Review all patients postoperatively.
• Review patients on the HDU when requested.
• Attend the hospital CME meetings and morbidity/mortality meetings.
• Participate in regular departmental CMEs.
• Assist with hospital CPR training.
• Make sure each theatre is stocked with appropriate equipment and informing the HoD if store stocks are running low.
• Maintain cleanliness of anaesthetic equipment.
• Communicate all problems with equipment in a timely fashion to the Head of Department.
• Advanced diploma in anaesthesia
• Basic computer skills
• SAFE paediatric anaesthesia course
• 1 years’ experience post qualification
• Paediatric experience
• Experience with regional blocks
Job Qualification: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resource, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to email@example.com . Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews. The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 24 th May, 2019. Qualified persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.