Muvumbe Hydro (U) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
13th March 2019
Date Posted: 6th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 500000 , Minimum: 350000 , Maximum: 1500000 , Period: MONTH
Muvumbe Hydro (U) Limited, a member of Vidullanka Group, believes in making a difference in the future of Uganda and the planet through sustainable development of renewable energy sources. This is who we are, but are you the type of person looking for a challenge that could lead you in to a dynamic future? Here is your chance! Be a part of the Muvumbe Hydro team and explore the fast growing field of renewable energy. Make a sustainable career choice.
Post: Assistant Accountant
The successful candidate should have the following;
• Hold at least part qualification from a professional accounting body, accredited in Uganda and a Degree in a related field would be an added advantage.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Knowledge in tax and audit is required.
• High degree of computer literacy with an ability to use standard & specialized accounting packages including Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
• High degree of work commitment, integrity and ability to work under pressure.
• Be a dynamic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with own initiatives while under minimum supervision.
• Ability to travel overseas for work requirements.
The selected candidate will be assigned to work based in Kampala reporting to the Group Financial Accountant. Job responsibilities will be the following;
• Preparation and presentation of periodic financial statements & management reports
• Preparation of payment vouchers and bank reconciliations
• Preparation & submission reports and tax returns related to projects
• Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
• Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
• Budgeting and general administration
As an integral part of the job role, the candidate will be required to liaise with the Group Head Office and other key stakeholders, including Auditors, Tax consultants, URA, ERA, Banks, Contractors, debtors etc. In addition, the candidate will be required to visit the power plant in Kabale District and any other locations of interest in Uganda.
Job application procedure
If you are ready to watch your future unfold, take the first step by applying by email within 7 days with names and contact details of two non-related referees. Apply to: email@example.com