Assistant Procurement Officer -Re-advertised
A reputable Organisation
Deadline of this Job:
7th December, 2018
Date Posted: 19th November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
A reputable Organisation wishes to invite suitably qualified applications for the underlisted vacant positions. Specific qualifications and attributes required are mentioned along each post, while general requirements include the following:
- Excellent literacy skills: should be able to read, speak and write fluently and comprehensively.
- Strong and pleasant inter—personal skills, with an ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Strong initiative, drive and ambition to succeed
- Willingness to learn new and/or practical skills.
- Age range between 23 to 35 years.
- Should be computer literate.
- Experience, if any, is an added advantage.
Position: Assistant Procurement Officer
Bachelors’ Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or Commerce or Business Administration with specialization in Procurement, Supply Chain Management; Or Professional qualifications/membership of Procurement! Purchasing in Supply Chain Management like CIPS, from a recognized University/ Institution; Ora post graduate Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Good interpretation skills of procurement regulations.
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the supervisor to evaluate work done and matters to be reported at all stages of procurement.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of the procurement profession.
- Highly organized with strong organisational and planning skills, ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assignments in line with the work plan.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and to compile timely reports.
- Good IT skills.
- Support the functioning of the Contracts Committee.
- Participate in the Planning of the procurement and disposal activities of the procuring and disposing entity.
- Review requisitions for completeness and accuracy.
- Participate in the preparation of draft statements of requirements.
- Prepare draft bid documents.
- Issue bidding documents.
- Prepare draft contract documents.
- Receive and register bids.
- Maintain a providers list.
- Issue signed contract documents.
- Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process.
- Enter basic data on the Government Procurement Ponal for further processing.
- Respond to inquiries on bid documents as may be assigned.
- Conduct Market Research and obtain quotes locally on different items.
- Any other duties that shall be assigned by Management.
Job application procedure
Hand-written applications, attaching a copy of the C.V and relevant testimonials, should be addressed and submitted to Voucher No 654, c/o The New Vision Printing & Publishing Co Ltd, Kampala. The application should be sealed in an envelope and clearly marked with the Post one is applying for. Deadline for submission is Friday 7th December, 2018 at 4:00pm. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further considerations.