- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
10. Job Title: Auto Electrician
Location: Field settlements .
• Develop and implement a maintenance schedule for serviceable electrical equipment for both vehicles and generators.
• Perform Diagnostic electrical tests as needed and repair any malfunctioning devices.
• Undertake electrical repairs on various vehicles and generators.
• Install New Interior Electrical Systems (GPS systems, radios, sound systems and television screens)
• Test headlight alignment and intensity
• Operate hand and power Tools
• Carry out checks on vehicle electrical systems and make recommendations.
• Assist mechanics in the garage to carry out vehicle routine service.
• Carry out generator service and maintenance
• Ability to diagnose electrical malfunctions within automotive systems
• Strong attention to detail
• Analytical Skills
• Complex problem solving
• Ability to install electrical systems
• Knowledge of fundamentals of electrical wiring
• Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
• Ability to communicate vehicle issues in layman's terms
• Ability to work in a changing environment
• The ideal candidate should have a diploma in Automotive and power engineering or a diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognized institution.
• At least two years' experience in a busy automotive industry preferably dealing with Toyota and Mitsubishi brands.
Job Education Requirements: diploma in Automotive and power engineering
Job Experience Requirements: two years
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020
An email alert was shared with subscribers on 20th February 2020. You can view it here if you missed it. Alerts make it easier to search for jobs. Many times the alert goes into your Gmail Promotions Tab instead of the Primary Tab, so make sure you check the Promotions Tab every Tuesday and Thursday.
If you want it to always appear in the Primary Tab, you can follow these 4 quick steps on your phone:
On Desktop or Computer, just hold down the email using the left click button and drag it to the Primary Tab.