Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
9. Job Title: Auto Mechanic.
Location: Field Locations .
• Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
• Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade.
• Conduct routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
• Schedule future maintenance sessions and advice motorists on good vehicle use.
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks).
• Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job.
• Keep logs on work and issues.
• Maintain equipment and tools in good condition.
• Proven experience as auto mechanic
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic components of vehicles
• Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
• Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment
• Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
• The ideal candidate should have a certification in Automotive and power engineering or a diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognized institution.
• At least 8 years' experience in a busy automotive industry preferably dealing with Toyota and Mitsubishi brands.
• A valid driving license with at least class B is required.
Job Education Requirements: diploma in mechanical engineering
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.