Deadline of this Job:
April 5, 2019
Date Posted: 25th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 2500000 , Minimum: 1750000 , Maximum: 7500000 , Period: MONTH
The USAID funded Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services - North, Lango Project (RHITES-N, Lango) is operating in the nine districts of the Lango sub-region of northern Uganda (Alebtong, Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Kwania, Lira, Otuke and Oyam). RHITES-N, Lango will increase the effective use of sustainable health services in the region. The Project is led by John Snow, Inc. in partnership with African Medical and Research Foundation (Amref), Doctors with Africa (CUAMM), The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) and another Option. The project will contribute to measurable improvements in key Ugandan national health indicators (HIV; tuberculosis [TB]; malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health [MNCH]; family planning [FP]; water, sanitation, and hygiene [WASH]; and nutrition).
The USAID RHITES N, Lango Project, in partnership with Ministry of Health, Lira Regional Referral Hospital (LRRH) wishes to re-advertise for the following positions that were run in the New Vision Newspaper of March 11, 2019. USAID RHITES-N, Lango will facilitate the recruitment of qualified Ugandans on behalf of Lira RRH. The hospital is a 400 bed hospital situated in Lira Municipality in Lira town with a catchment population of about 2.3 million people. It is a referral facility offering both specialized and general services.
Job Title: Biomedical Engineer (1) U-4 SC
Report to: Project Coordinator .
Roles and responsibilities:
• Installation, servicing and repair of medical equipment with minimum direct supervision.
• Providing follow up service by calling beneficiary health facilities who received service to find out if equipment is still in working condition.
• Maintaining inventory of medical equipment, test equipment, tools and technical data.
• Maintaining service documentation as required.
• Prepare reports, ensure quality control and document technical problems.
• Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and site visits.
• Proper maintaining and utilizing the project vehicle as outlined by current program fl eet policy guidelines in the programme SOP.
• Constantly interface with the project admin and finance team to resolve customer problems and issues.
• Responsible for project funds, travel advances, project vehicle and track spare parts.
• At all times, the officer shall maintain high moral and ethical behavior and standards.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Should have a Degree in Biomedical Engineering from a recognized institution
• 2 years working experience with the equipment maintenance workshop.
• Experience in servicing Genexpert machines, biosafety cabinets and certification, Air conditioners and other non automated equipment is an added advantage
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications and CV addressed to the
Human Resource Office,
Lira Regional Referral Hospital
P.O Box 2, Lira, Uganda or have it hand delivered to the hospital not later than April 5, 2019.
The current job holders are encouraged to apply. Applicants whose qualifications have not changed in the advert do not need to re-apply.
The above positions are contract jobs and will be remunerated according to the Government of Uganda pay scales.