Business Intelligence Fellow – M-Kopa Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Business Intelligence Lead .
Business Intelligence (BI) Fellow uses M-KOPA’s strong internal data resources to uncover and share insights and inform business decisions throughout the company. The fellow combines analytical skills, creativity, and business acumen to improve our understanding of the company, produce operational improvements, and increase transparency, learning and accountability.
• Collect user requirements on key analytic/reporting needs from key business stakeholders
• Query data from various internal and external databases using database languages (e.g., SQL, U-SQL)
• Clean, interpret, and analyze data using statistical techniques
• Build models, analysis, and transformations on internal data using Excel, SQL and R
• Design user-friendly, clear, and impactful presentations of analytic findings.
• Improve and streamline technical and business processes.
• Work together with the business to ensure M-Kopa is enabling data-driven decision making on the most important business questions.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 6months-1 year experience working in technical data analytics, with excellent skills in MS Excel and SQL. Skills in advanced analytical, statistical, and/or programming skills, including R, Python, DAX and data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau) is added advantage.
• Career passion and if possible, education background preferred in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or related field.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work and equal ability to influence executives across cross-functions and geographies
• Possesses strong problem-solving skills and ability to work on multiple assignments to deliver high quality outputs.
• Meticulousness in ensuring error-free, high-quality analyses.
Job Experience: 6 months-1 year
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Step 1: Apply for the job post here to express interest in the role.
• Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves online screening of your candidature. You will be directed to the website of our screening partner, Shortlist ( www.shortlist.net ). This would include a link where you can complete your application - a few short questions on your experience followed by an assessment to demonstrate your ability to do the job.
• Link to application: https://www.shortlist.net/jobs/3439
• Shortlist will keep you updated regularly on whether or not you’re shortlisted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.