Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) SC4 Arua (1) Moroto (1) & SW AO (1) 1 (142268)
Jobs at:World Food Programme (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Business Support Assistant (HR) SC4 to be based in South West Area Office . Selected candidates will be employed on Service Contract.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services in the area office/field. Reporting to Head of the field Office and with a functional reporting line to the Human Resource Business Partner, the incumbent will work closely with the Area Office Management, to perform a cross-section of all HR related aspects within the jurisdiction of the area office. These will include, provision of HR administrative Services, guidance and advice on HR issues.
To deliver standard business support processes in the Area Office Human Resource (HR) Unit to facilitate effective service delivery and support HR transformative agenda in South West Area Office. The incumbent is expected to work under minimal supervision, and produce organised and accurate work while undertaking specific business support activities.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
• Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
• Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
• In collaboration with the HR Focal points, follow up of monthly absence of WAE staff under SSA Contracts (WAE) to support payroll management.
• In collaboration with HR Focal points, manage Satellite Office staff separations while ensuring relevant documents are maintained before an employee leaves the organization.
• In partnership with the supervisors follow up on accomplishment of learnings required e.g. mandatory courses.
• Support staff to use online medical services such as obtaining temporary medical cards, E-Claims etc.
• In partnership with supervisors, follow up on performance management process e.g. performance plans and annual assessment for the SO in accordance with the performance management cycle.
• Provision of assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
• Supports the development and implementation of HR solutions by understanding how the organization works
• Ensures all staff in the area of operations have job descriptions and TORs; and a copy of the Annual performance Plan (APP);
• In partnership with HR Focal points, establish leave plans, support implementation, share necessary forms to be completed, brief staff on their entitlements, in line with the contract terms and conditions and enter data in WINGS and send documents to the HR CO;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
• Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
• Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
• Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
• Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
University degree in either Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, Social Sciences or other relevant field obtained from a recognized education institution.
At least four years of experience in the field of human resources or related field in an administrative support role.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience. Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries. Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships in a diverse set up in order to provide high quality support service. Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams. Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision. Ability to uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals including maintaining confidentiality.
Fluency in written and oral English language.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For applications visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=hNgG%252b%252fEhFkTHhNu1PgWYtKn%252fmafoK%252bfvEA4QLlTGUz8%253d
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.