- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Call for Expression of Interest for Providing Risk Assessment Services
Jobs at:Health Partners
Deadline of this Consultancy:
18 July 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
HealthPartners Uganda is a foreign NGO that has been operating in Uganda for over 15 years. In a bid to ensure compliance to the Anti-Money Laundering Act, the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, the Anti-Terrorism Act, the Anti-Terrorism Regulations, and other relevant requirements as issued by the Financial Intelligence Authority (FIA) of Uganda, HealthPartners Uganda is seeking the provision of Risk Assessment services. In particular, HealthPartners Uganda’s risk assessment on the Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing risks..
Duties and Responsibilities of the Firm (“the Consultant”)
The consultant shall be required to perform money laundering and terrorism financing risk assessment on our operations so as to enable us comply with the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, the Anti-Terrorism Act, the Anti-Terrorism Regulations and related guidelines issued by the FIA of Uganda.
Roles, duties and responsibilities shall include the following:
refer to I have considered Section 8 of the AML Regulations on “Regular Risk Assessment” and Section 6A of the amended AML Act on “Risk Assessment”.)
1. Conducting in-depth risk assessment and report on the current status of HealthPartners Uganda ’s ability to meet the requirements of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, the Anti-Terrorism Act, the Anti-Terrorism Regulations and related guidelines issued by the Financial Intelligence Authority.
2. Conduct an anti-money laundering and terrorism financing risk statement, and help HealthPartners Uganda, to identify the risks, assess, monitor, manage and mitigate the risks associated with money laundering and terrorism financing, taking into account all relevant risk factors.
3. Document for HealthPartners Uganda, the results of the risk assessment carried out which will form part of the report to HealthPartners Uganda.
4. Reviewing and evaluating HealthPartners Uganda’s internal control system and advising Management and the Board on adequacy/effectiveness of the system, and make proposals for improvement in the Organisation’s existing mechanisms and systems (controls, policies and procedures) so as to be able to identify, assess, and mitigate the risks identified during money laundering and terrorism financing risk assessment.
5. Providing any other value-addition services as approved by the Procurement Committee
Required Profile of the Firm (“the Consultant”)
Bidding firms will be required to meet the following criteria:
1. Be registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) and must hold a current Practicing Certificate
2. Have at least two partners of good standing with ICPAU. Further, consultant/ firm and its partners should not have been subject to any disciplinary action by ICPAU or other related professional bodies
3. Should have been in operation for a period of at least five years
4. Should demonstrate that it has the capacity, capability and experience required to undertake the audit within required timelines
5. The firm should demonstrate adequate experience in Non-Governmental Organizations.
6. A list of clients indicating specific projects or assignments, for which the consultant has performed similar assignments
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.