- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Uganda Airlines
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Department: Ground Operations
Ref No: UGA-76
Uganda Airlines, the National Carrier of the Republic of Uganda based at Entebbe International Airport is now accepting applications for a number of job opportunities.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for presenting a positive image of the airline in keeping with its brand to connect the world to the Pearl of Africa. You will be enthusiastic about serving all Uganda Airlines customers and colleagues with courtesy and respect in line with the company’s values. You will also be championing safety and ensuring international aviation standards are maintained at the airline. This is a great opportunity to be part of the new National Airline, in this exciting industry.
The Cargo Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day cargo business operations to ensure viability, safety, efficiency and performance in accordance with the corporate objectives, strategy, and plans. .
• Manage every aspect of the business and company performance including full responsibility for revenue, commercial relationships, operational activities and financial control.
• Responsible for the revenue activities of the air cargo business in the local markets, implementation of a global commercial sales plan and leading customer and sales activities.
• Responsible for the development and sustaining of strong customer relationships (freight forwarders, contract service providers, retail, and other revenue sources) and direct solicitation to said customers.
• Meet revenue targets through the execution of pre-planned sales and measure results against plans.
• Oversee, monitor, and evaluate the operation's performance to ensure increased profitability, productivity, and market share.
• Devise and implement operational standards and constantly evaluate the quality of service through quantitative and objective measures. Establish clear accountabilities, processes & standards and ensure compliance across the company
• Play a pro-active role in anticipating and solving problems before they occur and in implementing innovative solutions to achieve competitive advantage.
• Identify staff requirements and training needs, establishing programs to develop and motivate the team to achieve operational excellence.
• Perform any other duties as may, from time to time, be assigned by the relevant authority.
• A reputation for honesty, integrity, and the associated ability to build strong checks and balances into the organization.
• Strong management, leadership skills that will drive profitability and high performance in all areas of the business.
• Strong problem-solving skills that will devise and maintain high-level operational solutions in challenging situations.
• Proven commercial ability and strong business acumen, to identify opportunities through constant awareness of the market and competitor activities.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, experience)
• Minimum qualifications – a University Degree or equivalent, a professional certification will be an added advantage.
• Strong knowledge of airline technologies, processes, regulations, and standards as applicable to cargo operations. (Such as IATA, ISAGO).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other appropriate IT tools.
Proven experience in Cargo at Senior Management level for at least ten (10) years.
Job Education: University Degree
Job Experience: 10 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at www.careers.ugandairlines.com or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.