Child Development Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Christian Outreach Ministries (UCOM)
Deadline of this Job:
19 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UGANDA CHRISTIAN OUTREACH MINISTRIES (UCOM)
Uganda Christian Outreach Ministries (UCOM) - Yesu Akwagala, announces a ministry opportunity (Job vacancy) in the Child Ministry under its Compassion International assisted project at Bulenge Worship Centre.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT OFFICER (CDO) HEALTH (1 POSITION):
Provision of information needed by sponsors/donors. A Child Development Officer reports to and is supervised by the Project Director. He/she is a team member and must exhibit a high sense of integrity and is a member of the church staff.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as an advocate for children and Caregivers.
2. Take lead of the children's and Sponsors' correspondence, communications and child updates.
3. Ensure monitoring and tracking of child participation in the programme.
4. Initiate generation of annual health work plan and coordinates its implementation with emphasis on prevention of diseases among the beneficiaries with utmost confidentiality.
5. Works closely with the local church in developing their child Care ministry.
6. Responsible for physical, cognitive, and economic development of the sponsored children.
7. Plans and Coordinates health related trainings, information, education and communication (IEC).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Must be a mature born-again Christian with a sound testimony.
• Must have a professional background in any of the following: Nursing, primary Health Care, Community Health, clinical medicine, Education, Social work and Administration, Social work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Communication, Records Management and any related Discipline.
• Minimum qualification will be a Diploma or its equivalent.
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
• Experience and current knowledge of HIV/AIDS intervention, formal training in counseling and Child Development, Project Planning and Basic Accounting Procedures will be an added advantage.
• Must have computer skills
• Good written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills in English.
• Age: 25 – 35
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested persons apply, (handwritten letter) to: The Secretary Uganda Christian Outreach Ministries, P.O. Box 10467, Kampala. Uganda.
Hand delivered to:
Yesu Akwagala, Seguku.
6 Miles off Kampala - Entebbe Road.
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday October 19, 2021 at 6:00pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.