- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Child Protection & Advocacy Manager
Jobs at:ChildFund International
Deadline of this Job:
27 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children, our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affects and decision-making processes within their communities. ChildFund Uganda is working in over 30 districts to develop the capacities of local community based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the we being of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children. ChildFund seeks to recruit a suitably qualified self-driven and result-oriented candidate for the following position
JOB TITLE: CHILD PROTECTION & ADVOCACY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
LOCATION: COUNTRY OFFICE.
SUMMARY: Provides leadership to Child Fund’s child protection and advocacy portfolio in the country in both humanitarian and development contexts. S/he wants collaboratively with national and Internarial colleagues and partners in support of strong core program design, implementation evaluation and learning in line with Child Fund’s theory of change, program strategies and standards for child protection in all three life Stages for infants, children and young adults. She conceptualizes, develops and implements an advocacy plan for the effective creation, implementation and/or amendment of policies and works with stakeholders, partners, and youth and children organizations to formulate and implement advocacy plans that bring to the forefront their voices. He/she represents the Country Office in an inter-agency advocacy networks and builds relationship with government and non-government institutions at international national and sub-rational levels for effective sharing and coordination on actions, learnings, technical support and financial resources .
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Positions ChildFund as a significant lead organization on child protection issues: Child rights governance and protection situation analysis, portfolio review on aspects of child protection and leads the development of Country Office program approaches within the theory of change and program models related to child protection
• Ensures that child protection interventions are informed by evidence and integrated with other core sectors of education, health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods.
• Leads design of processes for strengthening Child Protection systems at micro, meso and macro levels.
• With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team puts in place an M & E plan for the child protection portfolio of projects
• Identification, development and maintenance of relationships with current and prospective donor especially as it relates to Child Protection
• Is the Child Protection focal point and follows-up on all complaints received, to ensure appropriate measures are taken per ChildFund policies and country's legal framework
• Develops staff skills on child protection in general and child safeguarding standards, in line with ChildFund safeguarding policy and procedures. Engagement with partners to ensure their understanding of Child Fund’s child safeguarding policy and standards.
• Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy
• Conduct a contextual analysis to identify the advocacy issue/focus area for the CO's advocacy plan and develop and advocacy strategy aligned to ChildFund Internationals advocacy guidance
• Responsible for Country representation and influence at strategic networks and coalitions making visible programmatic interventions, and policy advocacy issues
• Recommends and the documents (policy briefs, infographics, etc.) to communicate them to decision-makers.
• Develop learning and knowledge products related to policy advocacy that meet standards and enable organization-wide learning and sharing
• Improves the policy advocacy knowledge and e skills of staff to assure that co is adequately supporting our strategy, etc.
• Actively pursues funding opportunities that can support the implementation cos advocacy strategic plan
• Spear head national child protection advocacy activities that target decision-makers in-country
• Ensures that Child Fund’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support interagency Coordination forums including the Child Protection Working Group.
• Contributes to communications and media work as required
Job Skills: Not Specified
• At least a minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in results based child. protection program design, implementation and/or evaluation in relation to community-based and/or national child protection systems and stakeholders and systems
• In-depth understanding of in country child protection legal frameworks situation mechanism, issues and services
• Proven ability to provide high quality child protection technical assistance guidance, and coaching to field-based implementing staff and partners
• At least 8 years of progressive leadership experience in working on advocacy, in development and/or emergency contexts preferably with an international development organization
• Proven excellent communication networking, presentation public speaking and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated success m proposal development and writing including technical design, strategies, and narratives,
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in humanities, education or related area essential.
• Relevant post graduate qualifications desired
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree
Job Experience Requirements: 10 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interest, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
if you meet the above requirements and are e interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR
CHILD FUND INTERNATIONAL
P.O. BOX 3342 KAMPALA
Hand deliver to ChildFund Country Office located on Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road P.Q. Box 3341 Kampala
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted and those who previously applied, need not to apply. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check
ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer. Application Deadline: 27 February, 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.