Jobs at:Company in Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
16 April 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Carry out orientation of Counsellors in line with the Vision, Mission and strategic objectives of Serenity Centre.
• Provides 24/day-to-day oversight, coordination and clinical leadership to the Clinical team through demonstrating excellence in clinical & leadership skills as well as knowledge of international best practices in addiction management and general care as well as state of the art equipment/techniques for best care practice
• Assist in the development, monitoring and evaluation of short and long term programs for Serenity Centre.
• Able to orient clients into the treatment program and clearly communicate expectations and requirements for participation, upon admission to the rehabilitation.
• Guiding Clinical team meetings to review each client’s progress and adherence to recovery as per the Serenity Centre Treatment Protocol.
• Develop Annual outreach plans in coordination with the relevant officers according to program needs and capacity.
• Ensure database(s) maintenance which include(s) client information from assessment, progress notes, aftercare, community follow-up and group therapy.
• Organize and establish meetings on regular basis with designated Counselors to foster positive relationships and monitor quality of work, strengths and weaknesses of the counselor.
• Organize training seminars to address staff needs and identify relevant external training opportunities. Continually develop counseling staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and coaching.
• Track expenditures. Continually monitor the program’s budget performance and make recommendations to the ED.
• Provides information by answering questions and requests from other departments and within the department as well as developing materials for sharing and updating the Centre website.
• Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
• Develop resource database for books, audio + visual aide’s and literature for counselors and clients.
• Organize educational workshops and sessions for families and relevant awareness activities (study tours, Awareness creation etc)
Job Skills : Not Specified
• Masters in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology from a recognized University.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Sufficient experience from equivalent training levels and registered with Nursing Council.
• Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Addiction management.
• Preferably with basic knowledge in medical field/clinical.
• Clinical Psychologists/Counseling Psychologists with training in Public health stand advantageous
• Experience at least five (5) years of experience in the same or related field.
• Applicants should be 30 years of age and above.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Candidates should send their applications, photocopies of Certified Academic documents and resume with 3 referees to:
The Executive Director,
Serenity Centre (A Journey into New Life),
Bwebajja- Kabulamuliro, off Entebbe Road, P.O.Box 31749, Kampala, Uganda.
All applicants MUST send a soft copy of their application plus all the attachments to this email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
All interested candidates MUST Deliver a hard copy to Serenity Centre Premises:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.