- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute
Deadline of this Job:
16 February 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab) and Health Systems Strengthening.
The Ugandan Academy for Health Innovation and Impact was formed following an MOU between the Ugandan Ministry of Health, Infectious Diseases Institute, Janssen, the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson, and the Johnson & Johnson Corporate Citizenship Trust. The Academy is implementing mHealth technologies in the areas of clinical care, research, capacity building and health systems strengthening to improve health care and on utilizing effective sub granting mechanisms to support and deliver solutions. In addition, The Ugandan Academy is organization a conference to promote and stimulate innovative solutions regarding health. The overall aim is achieving sustainable health care accessible to all in Uganda.
In order to achieve the above objectives, IDI seeks to recruit a motivated and competent Information Technology (IT) Trainee as indicated below;
mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Global Health Security, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Health Systems Strengthening.
In order to achieve the above objectives, IDI seeks to recruit a competent candidate as indicated below;
Job Title: Clinical Officer (1 position)
Vacancy Code: COHSS0X1
Classification: Full Time
Reporting: Field Officer Coordinator
Duty Station: Hoima
The Clinical Officer will ensure delivery of quality HIV/AIDS care and treatment services to clients by providing technical support to health facility teams.
• Support health facilities in identification, linkage and retention of HIV/AIDS at IDI supported facilities
• Carry out mentorships and trainings to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality HIV/AIDS care services.
• Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along client care and treatment cascades.
• Provide clinical care to HIV/AIDS patients attending IDI-supported health facilities in line with standard care and treatment guidelines.
• Coordinate appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with senior care specialists and tertiary treatment centres.
• Lead performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at IDI supported health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
• Coordinate and support facility efforts in follow up of clients to improve linkage, retention and viral suppression rates among clients in HIV care.
• Support health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor and Ministry of Health timelines.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and community health
• Full and active registration with the Allied Health Professionals council.
• Training in clinical management of HIV/AIDS and/ or TB is of added advantage
• Up-to-date knowledge of national HIV/AIDS clinical management protocols
• Previous experience in an HIV/AIDs systems strengthening project is of added advantage
• Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
• Good interpersonal and mentorship skills
• Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 16th February, 2020. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one PDF document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email
5. Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
7. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.