- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research organization whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines.
Over the years, MUWRP's portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, Emerging Infectious Diseases Program (EIDP) for surveillance of influenza and influenza-like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also a PEPFAR funded program in HIV treatment, care and prevention in the districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
Additionally, MUWRP in collaboration with local and international partners is implementing The Joint Mobile Emerging Disease Intervention Clinical Capability (MEDICC) program in Uganda whose purpose is to conduct FDA regulated clinical trials of therapeutics or diagnostics during an outbreak event of high consequence pathogens specifically filoviruses.
MUWRP seeks to fill the following positions:
Position: Clinical Officer (1)
Position Summary: The candidate will provide support to the study or services supervisor in medical assessment of participants, collecting important clinical details, performing clinical examinations and relevant tests and performing follow up data collection in the clinic/field. .
Roles and Responsibilities
• Managing and accounting for allocated resources.v
• Participating in research activities.
• Adhering to professional codes of conduct and ethics.
• Participating in continuous professional Development activities.
• Preparing and submitting periodic reports.
• Ensure proper documentation of the history, examination findings, provide health education to potential participants (as guided by standard operating procedures (SOP)).
• Seeking informed consent from potential participants (as per informed consent SOP).
• Collection of data and biological specimens as well as proper labelling and handling of data forms and specimens as per pertinent SOPs.
• Clinical evaluation and care of participants in consultation with study physicians and offer pre- test counselling to participants.
• Ensure patient safety and confidentiality.
• Actively participate in weekly CME’s
• Conduct health education to potential participants (as guided by standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Perform any other duties as requested, including but not limited to, running Antiretroviral Therapy Clinics.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Education, Experience and Knowledge:
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Heath from a recognized institute.
• At least 5 years of post-qualification professional experience.
• Experience in HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment including Antiretroviral Therapy.
• Must be registered with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council. The applicant should have a valid Annual Practicing License [APL] Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda.
• Experience of living and working in a rural environment.
• Formal training in HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Treatment including Antiretroviral Therapy and Palliative Care.
• Use of computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, email and Internet.
• Experience working in a clinical or biomedical research setting.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
• The ability to work and stay in Kayunga. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to professionally communicate in writing, verbally or by other means deemed appropriate
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Field Research Supervisor - PHE
Job Education: Diploma
Job Experience: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to join MUWRP in the aforementioned capacities should access the detailed Job descriptions on www.muwrp.org/careers and apply online, Deadline: 27 March 2020. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.