Commercial Sales Channel Lead
Jobs at:Marie Stopes
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to Director, Social Business
Reporting to the Director, Social Business the Commercial Sales Channel Lead is responsible for the implementation / control of MS national sales strategy, determining sales regions, establishing goals and quotes, overseeing sales training programs and ensuring that the sales force achieves set revenue and expense targets. Ultimately, s/he will be accountable for MS’s sales performance.
It is particularly important that the post holder is able to sustain a close and collaborative partnership with operational staff in the support office and field, so that project deliverables remain a focus of operational activities. This post holder will be able work productively with the Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, Operations and Social Franchising teams to ensure that programme activities serve the indicators in MS’s M&E framework..
• Develop brand strategies and marketing plans under the guidance of the Managing Director to whom s/he will report.
• Recruit, train, motivate and manage a high quality marketing and sales team to successfully improve the marketing and sales functions.
• Achieve agreed targets by providing hands on leadership, including developing detailing and marketing, organizing events for health providers, managing key client accounts and supervision to all medical representatives and sales staff.
• Ensure the successful launch of new health products.
• Develop positive relations with clients and partners to help objectives.
• Establish and implement a monitoring and management information system, and use the data for analysis to improve strategy, planning and productivity
• Manage and report on all marketing activities and sales targets on a monthly basis.
• Ensure quality customer care and service is accorded to clients to provide for repeat business
• Ensure that the percentage of sales justifies the cost of lead acquisition
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team
• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans
• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members
• Strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills
• Solid understanding of healthcare and regulatory requirements and issues
• Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management
• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Family Planning is added advantage
Qualifications and Training (essential/desirable)
• University degree in the relevant field
• Background in pharmaceutical marketing, management and/ or a pharmacist/doctor
• At least five years’ experience in pharmaceutical and sales, preferably in a managerial capacity
• Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high performance sales team
• Computer literacy (MS Office)
Successful performance at MS is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
• Effective Communication:
Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
• Working Efficiently:
Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
• Sharing Information:
Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
• Focus on Learning:
Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
Drive and determination to deliver results
Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change:
Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
• Team Player:
Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Job Experience: Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
You are encouraged to apply for the above positions provided you meet the specified minimum job requirements.
For more details, please refer to the attached job descriptions.
To apply for the positions, Please visit the careers page on our website www.mariestopes.or.ug to submit your application.
The deadline for applications is Thursday, 21st October 2020.
NB: 1. MSUG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING HUMANITY AND EXPECTS ALL POSITION HOLDERS TO SHARE THIS COMMITMENT.
2. MSUG HAS A WELL GUIDED AND TRANSPARENT RECRUITMENT PROCESS THAT REQUIRES NO PAYMENT FROM ANY CANDIDATE/JOB APPLICANTS/POTENTIAL JOB SEEKERS AS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENT.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.