- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Communication/ ICT Advisor
Jobs at:VVOB - Education for Development
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VVOB - education for development, is a non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education. VVOB has its headquarters in Brussels (Belgium) and is currently implementing education programmes in ten partner countries. More information about the work of WOB can be found on www.vvob.org VVOB became operational in Uganda in 2019.
From 1 June 2019 onwards, VVOB started implementing a new programme that focuses on improving the quality of Agricultural Education and Training in Uganda through strengthening the professional development of Uganda's Agricultural Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) instructors and agricultural O-level teachers via pre-service training. This programme is implemented in partnership with the Department of Teacher and Instructor Education and Training (TIET); the Business, Technical, Vocational Education and Training (BTVET) Department of the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES); the National Teacher's Colleges (NTCs) of Mubende and Unyama, and the National instructors’ College Abilonino(NlCA)in Kole District.
VVOB has two offices in Kampala and one in Gulu. All staff are expected to regularly travel between these offices and to the MoES, NTCs and NlCA.
VVOB is currently hiring for the following position (national staff):
Post: Communication/ ICT Advisor
Duty Station: 1 position at the VVOB office in Kampala with frequent travel to Gulu and partner institutions
Start Date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly Salary Scale: From UGX 6,830,095 to 9,397,457 dependent on years of experience
Contract duration: until 31/12/2021. with possible extension.
The Communication / lCT advisor is responsible for the external and internal communication of WOB in Uganda. and for providing “technical support on improved use of lCT for the WOB team. The Communication I ICT Advisor reports to the Programme Manager but works in vclose collaboration with the Deputy Programme Manager. The Communication / lCT Advisor also frequently collaborates with the communications team at WOB's headquarters in Belgium.
To strengthen our external communication, the Communication / ICT advisor will develop and implement a communications plan to ensure their communication outputs reach the appropriate target groups. These communication outputs are developed by the Communication / ICT Advisor and may include articles, blogs, and social media posts and visual tools such as inf0—graphs, pictures, and videos, depending on the best channels to reach the target groups. The Communication / ICT advisor supports with the lay—out and printing of publications. The Communication I lCT advisor also supports the team with the organisation and communication aspects of events. Tho communication / ICT advisor will also support improved internal communication by sharing regular programme updates and supporting efficient use of an online document management system.ln terms of ICT support. the Communication / lCT advisor will support the team members for more optimal use of ICT software and tools. This includes supporting staff to use various applications optimally.
• Master's degree in communication or ICT, with at least three years of relevant working experience (ideally in the education sector);
• You should demonstrate your experience in supporting external and internal communication. through:
• Your own active Facebook and twitter accounts and, ideally, those of organisations whose accounts you maintained. These should have smart content, attractive images and a strong following.
• Blogs, articles, and other communication products you developed, preferably .on the topic of education.
• Your portfolio of pictures and other visual materials. ideally with people in their natural environments.
• Having an online document management system, and clear ideas on how such a system should be set up and can work for a team with diverse background.
• A vision and experience, and strategic ideas related to improved internal communication
• You should demonstrate that you are lT sawy by:
• Demonstrating how you supported Colleagues; with software that is commonly used in (internal and external/communication such as Office package (f.ex. attractive .PllX presentations), design software, and standard software used in an environment.
• Work experience in the education and development sectors is considered an asset;
• Willingness and ability to travel regularly throughout the country.
Job Education Requirements: Masters’ Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Three years
Work Hours: 8
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Please send your application by email in Uganda@vvob.be . Your application should include
• In the subject line: Application: name position for which you apply
• Motivation letter(PDF, attached);
• CV, including 3 reference persons and email contacts (former and current employers onlY)(PDF, attached);
• Salary expectations(PDF,attached);
Deadline for applications is Friday, 21 February 2020. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a written test (home assignment), and selected candidates will be invited for interview. Reference checks will be made before a final offer. Please note, applications submitted without motivation letter or CV attached will not be reviewed. Due to the volume of applications submitted, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.