Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for a competent Communications Officer to join our Team at our Clients office in Kampala in their Corporate Affairs Department. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of assigned tasks and work diligently under pressure. .
Reporting to the External Communications & Public Affairs Coordinator, the job holder will be responsible for the following tasks;
• Work with the communications team to plan and implement external communication strategies for the Company, the integrated project and the Company brand in Uganda
• Support the research and writing of communications content for publications, digital and social media engagements in consultation with operational teams within the company
• Maintain regular updates of the Company media databases, assist with planning and organizing of interviews, press conferences, corporate events and other media-oriented activities
• Identify opportunities for maximizing brand visibility and positive coverage e.g. through press trips, media interviews, events
• Coordinate and plan events including the development of agendas and speeches and identification of required goods and services
• Participate in the development of the organization’s internal and external digital and social media
• Strategize and ensure streamlined execution of communications on all available platforms
• Ensure conformity of Company branded publications, items, gifts, and others in line with the group’s Brand charter. To c
• Charter daily coordination of activities between the department and other departments, agencies/production houses and /related services providers to ensure timely fulfilment of deliverables
• Manage the Corporate Affairs events calendar, meeting minutes including appropriate recording and archiving of documents
• Close monitoring of NGOs physical events and online activities to maintain knowledge of key issues, influential personalities within the industry, communities and special interest groups
• in order to help inform NGO communication strategies and address concerns regarding company operations
• Evaluate Sponsorship requests and propose those that ensure mutually beneficial partnerships for company consideration
• Participate in crisis communication and Issues management as stipulated in the crisis communications strategy and procedure
• Carry out other general communications tasks that may arise in the Communications team
Qualifications & Experience
• University degree in journalism, communications or a similar discipline.
• 4 years’ experience in similar work environments
• Excellent writing and speaking skills. Fluency in English, French a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to initiate research, innovate and keep updated on current communications technologies, techniques and trends.
• Team player, target oriented, flexible, self-driven and good cultural understanding with ability to work under minimum supervision
• Well-developed computer skills, including proven ability to maintain/update websites, and a demonstrated understanding of the internet, social media, multi-media tools and desktop publishing; experience working with Adobe design tools is an added advantage.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong ability to prioritize and think creatively as well as possess good problem-solving skills.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you meet the criteria as outlined above and are ready to take on this challenge, please send us your CV ONLY to:
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel.: +256 (0) 706 444 500
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any question or need any clarifications
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.