Jobs at:Financial Sector Deepening Uganda ( FSDU )
Deadline of this Job:
30th May 2019
Date Posted: 14th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda ( FSDU ) is an independent not-for- profit company committed to promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). FSD Uganda works with both public and private sector players to develop sustainable improvements in the livelihoods of low-income individuals through reduced vulnerability to shocks, increased incomes and employment creation. We support innovation, conduct research, help promote and improve policy, laws and regulation that shape the financial sector in Uganda through targeted Technical Assistance (TA) and grants. FSD Uganda is funded by Department for International Development (DFID) UKaid and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We are part of a network of eight other financial inclusion organizations working in the Sub Saharan region of Africa.
FSDU wishes to recruit experienced professionals for the positions given below. For the full job descriptions and more information please visit FSDU website www.fsduganda.or.ug
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
FSD Uganda is looking for a dynamic, out of the box creative thinker to lead our communications and influencing work in our next phase. The communications specialist will lead the FSD Uganda management and technical team in the implementation of an effective communication strategy that supports the delivery of FSD objectives. S/he will be able to take the lead in showcasing FSD Uganda’s impact with the aim of influencing stakeholders, and industry decision makers in the development of financial services that are accessible to the poor..
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESULTS AREAS
• The Communications Specialist will lead FSDU’s communication strategy, work plan and its implementation.
Brand and Communication Output Development
• Lead the development of FSD Uganda’s brand image, and presence both domestically and digitally, particularly our digital presence. Working with service providers, the communications specialist will be responsible in developing a solid website, with well thought through functionality, intelligent content development that results in high level of user-engagement across all key channels.
• Internally s/he will be responsible for developing brand guidelines and standardized templates for all communication material – from word, power-point, to press releases, invites, FSD logo presence, etc.
• Development of templates / policies for various types of communication outputs – e.g. blogs, white papers / policy papers, briefs, etc.
• Lead the development and smooth implementation of FSDU led events, and collaboration with non-FSDU events, leading to a greater understanding of FSDU’s work, and increased brand image of its personnel.
• Work with FSDU’s technical team or external consultants to develop a stakeholder map of key actors within the financial inclusion space.
• Understand the communication standards, and priorities of our donors and ensure continuous engagement. Story Telling, Learning, and Conveying our Impact
• Work with the technical team to develop communication a plan that conveys the impact / story and learnings from our technical work.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies in driving achievement of the organizational strategy.
Annual Report and other info-materials
• Develop and finalize FSDU’s annual reports, brochures or any other key info-material. Budget
• Develop and oversee the budget for communication activities
• Coordinate the set up and the implementation of relevant events (including information exchange visits and field trips)
FSDU Team and Vendor Management
• Liaise with the FSDU colleagues to ensure the communication plan supports their needs for communication and influencing. Relationship, Database Management and Publications
• Manage strategic relationships and partnerships with major key stakeholders (government officials, partners, professional associations media etc).
Develop and implement a plan on how to capture knowledge materials, institutionalize learnings between teams, and document them.
• A Bachelor’s degree in any field.
• A Master’s degree (added advantage)
Job related experience
• At least 7-10 years of experience in the field of communications, of which at least 3 should be in a senior role.
• Demonstrated strong and relevant experience in communication including very strong writing skills
• Demonstrated experience in developing key messages for influence and advocacy and working with Media Houses
• Proven track record in developing media relations and strategic partnerships
• Demonstrated experience in content development for various media plaforms (Radio, TV, website, Social media)
• Proven global and domestic networks
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications to The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box: 34934, Kampala, Uganda. by Email: email@example.com The applications must contain (a) cover letter capturing your experience and why you are keen to work with FSDU and (b) your resume with names and contact details of 3 references. Please specify the position applied for in the subject line of email message. For the position of Communications Specialist, please also at each two writing samples.
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 30th May 2019. For more in formation, please visit FSDU website: www.fsduganda.or.ug . FSDU is an equal opportunity employer.