Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism Officer
Jobs at:Mercy Corps
Deadline of this Job:
24 March 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The CARM Officer will work with the Apolou Activity team and the country level CARM and Risk team to lead the roll-out and implementation of CARM within the Apolou Activity. Working with the program and MEL teams, in coordination as needed with different supporting departments, s/he will manage and support the implementation of the Apolou CARM Plan, focusing on CARM rollout and maintenance in the different implementation areas. The CARM Officer will be responsible for receiving, translating, and grading feedback received via the context specific channels identified by the program. He/she will work with the country level Senior CARM officer to ensure that the CARM system functions as per the Mercy Corps Uganda CARM SOPs .
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Support the Program Quality and Partnerships Manager in rolling out the CARM system in Apolou Activity implementation areas
• Managing the day to day activities of CARM, in particular, receiving, translating, grading and reporting the complaints received via CARM channels
• Monitoring and overseeing, at the program level, the main avenues that feedback will be filed
• Ensuring that all feedback received is filed in the program CARM database, graded and shared with the appropriate team member(s) as identified by the Uganda CARM SOPs.
• Training Apolou Activity staff, partners, and the community on the CARM system via orientation sessions, training sessions and ongoing refresher trainings as needed.
• Ensuring that all Apolou partners have a CARM system which aligns and/or feeds into the Mercy Corps CARM
• Conducting regular field visits to Apolou implementation areas for CARM monitoring
• Following up with program teams to ensure all cases are closed and appropriate action taken
• Analyzing the trends in CARM feedback received and preparing monthly/quarterly reports
• Contacting the complainants whose cases have been resolved and survey their satisfaction with CARM and with how their cases were handled
• Developing, maintaining and updating IEC materials
• Leading in community sensitization activities and follow up
• Together with program teams, develop a process to ensure integration of learning from CARM into program implementation
• Working with the country level CARM and Risk teams to ensure that all CARM SOPs are adhered to
• Comply with and ensure compliance of global data protection and privacy standards such as the GDPR while confidentially receiving, following up on, and reporting on CARM feedback received.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant field
• At least 2 years of related work experience, preferably with an international or local Non- Governmental Organization (NGO)
• Proven experience in data collection, data-entry, data/information management and analysis
• Proven experience in developing or contributing to accountability frameworks, standard operating procedures (SOPs) for feedback mechanisms
• Experience handling sensitive information
• Strong organizational, capacity building, and communication skills
• The ability to work closely in a team, be patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and work in an environment that is often stressful and potentially volatile.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
• Fluency in Nga’karimojong essential. Pokot language skills an advantage.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.