- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Community Based Trainers
Jobs at:Northern Uganda Resilience Initiative
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Northern Uganda Resilience Initiative (NURI) is one of several development engagements under the Denmark-Uganda Country Programme 2018-2022. The Country Programme aims to contribute to poveity reduction through inclusive and sustainable economic growth, promoting democracy, good governance and human rights and support Uganda’s stabilizing role in the region.
The main objective of NURI is enhanced resilience and equitable economic development in supported areas of Northern Uganda, including for refugees and refugee-hosting communities. As one of its resilience measures, NURI is implementing Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA) scheme among its beneficiaries of the Climate Smart Agriculture (GSA) intervention. VSLA implementation is through Community Based Trainers (CBTs) who are responsi ble for training and supervising VSLA groups.
NURI seeks to recruit qualified, dedicated Community Based Trainers to support its Resilience Agricultural Units (RAUs) and Implementing partners based in Kitgum-Lamwo, Adiumani, Moyo, Nebbi, Pakwach, Zombo under AFARD and Arua District Farmers Association (ARUDIFA) respectively to implement VSLA..
• Training farmer group in the VSLA methodology
• Supervise, mentor and support farmer groups in VSLA operation;
• Ensure effective operation of VSLA in supported farmer group;
• Timely data collection for all the groups.
• Conduct household visits for the beneficiaries to ensure that they implement the household plans developed.
• Assignment is expected to run for 52 weeks.
• CBT will submit progress reports to the supervisor at the end of every fourth week.
Knowledge and Skills
• At least a certificate in 0' Level or its equivalent.
• Fluency in local languages applicable in the programme area of operation: Acholi for Kitgum, Lamwo and Agago districts, Alurtor Nebbi, Zombo and Pakwach districts, Lugbara for Arua, Madi for Adjumani and Moyo.
• Ability to speak the languages spoken in the refugee settings is a must for those applying to work in the settlement.
• Ability to speak, write, read and interpret English
• Experience in training and monitoring and supporting VSLA groups.
• Experience in facilitating trainings using adult learning methodologies.
• Experience in working with low literacy and refugee communities.
Job Education Requirements: 0' Level
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants MUST visit NURI website link: http://www.nuri.ag (Vacancies) download and fill the NURl Application for Employment Form to demonstrate interest in one single document. OR visit the nearest RAU or lP office download and fill the NURI Application for Employment Form to demonstrate interest in and submit in one single document.
For online applications, attach a filled Application for Employment Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants MUST indicate in the subject area of the email: The position applied for and duty station /Location.
Do not apply for more than 1 duty station. Only duly completed application forms will be accepted and considered for review. Do not attach any documents like CVs and Academic documents.
Applications shall be submitted online to Email: email@example.com or hand-deliver the downloaded and filled application form to NURI RAU offices in Kitgum, Palabek Kal, Padlbe, Patongo, Moyo, Adjumani. Arua- ARUDIFA, Nebbi, Zombo and Pakwach— AFARD.
Disclaimer: NURI does not require payment of any fees for job opportunities. lf you are asked to pay a fee, please immediately report to NURI office or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.