- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:UN Women
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 14, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
National Consultant to Conduct a study on the economic cost of sustaining the Women and Youth Movement Building in Uganda
UN Women is part of the UN Agencies that are implementingthe European Union-United Nations global, multi-year Spotlight initiative that focuses on eliminating all forms of violence against women and girls, harmful practices and promotion of sexual and reproductive health rights. The initiative is being implemented in partnership with the Government of Uganda, Non~Governmental Organizations, and Civil Society Organizations. The Spotlight initiative is implemented in 7 districts of Uganda including Tororo, Kasese, Kitgum Amudat, Arua, Kyenjojo and Kampala.
The overall aim of Spotlight Initiative is to achieve gender equality and women's empowerment, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Pillar 6 of the Spotlight Initiative which UN Women leads. aims to create a strong, vibrant, inclusive and active women's movement in Uganda which engages on a wider range of issues and with non-traditional groups, reaches from national to local levels, and is held together by a shared set of core values. rather than a single issue or advocacy initiative. The vision is to see ‘an inclusive and strengthened women's movement [constituted of women's rights groups, autonomous social movements, advocates, civil society organisations. including those representing youth and groups facing multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination/marginalization, religious and cultural leaders. the private sector and other stakeholders] more effectively influence and advance progress on GEWE and VAWG, including SGBV/HP. .
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
• Map out the significant successes of the women and youth movement In Uganda:
• Identify the specific costs associated with the various successeslachievements made:
• Identify critical resources required by the women and youth to convene, network, set common agendas, strategize and organize to advocate for and advance gender equality and women's rights; at international, national and sub-national levels:
• Identify the possible sources of the critical resources needed by the wtfmen and youth movement:
• Produce a report on the economic cost of sustaining the Women and Youth Movementin Uganda.
• Present the draft report at a stakeholders‘ validation meeting. Incorporate the changes received from the stakeholders‘ validation meeting and submit a final study report.
• Respect for Diversity;
• Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
• Creative Problem Solving;
• Effective Communication:
• Stakeholder Engagement and inclusive Collaboration;
• Extensive knowledge of gender statistics and its production, analysis and dissemination:
• Demonstrated experience in gender equality and women empowerment including solid understanding of linkages between gender, statistics and development:
• Strong knowledge of UN system, 2030 Sustainable Agenda and Leave No One Behind Commitment;
• Leadership and skills to work with autonomy and initiative.
Minimum: Master Degree in gender and women studies, international development, sociology, regional planning or related discipline
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in conducting strategic reflection processes, including strategic planning. programming for social~economic and policy transformation;
• Strong understanding of feminism, gender, sociai movements and demonstrated experience in applying feminist and gender conceptual frameworks:
• In depth knowledge and understanding of women and youth movement issues in Uganda:
• Solid knowledge of the UN System and the 2030 Agenda:
• Experience in developing strategies for social movements of similar nature within and outside Uganda:
• A demonstrated ability (through previous similar assignments) to analyze, compile and synthesize information in coherent and succent formats
Fluency in English is required
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
interested qualified individual consultants must apply online by latest by February 21st 2020. Candidates should. submit one PDF file attachment containing: - a letter of interest. - a personal CV and - UN Women P 11 dully filled form with at least three (3) professional references (UN Women Personal History Form~ (P11), can be downloaded at: http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment : - technical and financial proposal.
An email alert was shared with subscribers on 20th February 2020. You can view it here if you missed it. Alerts make it easier to search for jobs. Many times the alert goes into your Gmail Promotions Tab instead of the Primary Tab, so make sure you check the Promotions Tab every Tuesday and Thursday.
If you want it to always appear in the Primary Tab, you can follow these 4 quick steps on your phone:
On Desktop or Computer, just hold down the email using the left click button and drag it to the Primary Tab.