Jobs at:Asili Farms Masindi Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
08 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Summary: Crop Scout
Organization: Asili Farms Masindi Ltd (Member of Agilis Partners Group)
Duty Station: Uganda
Agilis is Uganda’s leading grain and oilseed business with a mission to empower Ugandans to feed Africa. We supply maize, soybean and other agricultural commodities sourced from our own 6,000 hectares of primary production and over 15,000 third-party small-scale producers (SSPs) to food and animal feed processors across East Africa. Founded in 2013, Agilis is at the forefront of agricultural development in East Africa. Agilis’s Commodity, Digital and Innovation strategies work in-unison to realize Agilis’s vision of a prosperous, secure and sustainable African food system, originating in Uganda
About Asili Farms
Asili Farms is a fully-mechanized farming company that manages dual-season production of high quality maize and soybeans for supply to regional food processors. Asili became operational in January 2014 and is currently farming on over 5,000 ha of land in Western and Northern Uganda under a conservation agriculture and precision farming approach to maximize yields efficiently and sustainably.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify weeds that are growing in fields and make recommendations on herbicide or mechanical control methods
• Locate and identify pests that may impact yield, make recommendations on control methods based on experience
• Conduct root digs in order to look for rootworm and other root eating pests
• Perform yield estimates throughout the growing season to provide an estimate of what yields will look like
• Use knowledge of growth stages in crops in order to predict potential problems during that stage of the growing season
• Identify and potentially diagnose crop diseases or pest infestation
• Communicate with the management or other individuals your findings
• Make recommendations based on your finding
• Remain up to date on the latest chemistry and technologies (such as drones or apps)
• Walk fields often in order to look for potential robbers of yield
• Willing to spend long hours working in the field
• Knowledge on smart phones and apps
• Attention to detail and good communication skills
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture with a bias in Crop Science and/or Agronomy.
Candidates with a related Diploma and relevant work experience will be considered.
Clear understanding of integrated weed and pest control, quality management and quality assurance will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs, academic documents. Two reference letters from professionals who are well aware of the candidate’s work ethics. A letter from the LC 1 Chairperson of the candidate’s locality and a copy of the candidate’s identification document AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 8th Oct, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.