- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deputy Director General Agricultural Technology Promotion
Jobs at:National Agricultural Research Organization
Deadline of this Job:
20 April 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Agricultural Research Organization is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for agricultural research in Uganda.
The organization is composed of the Governing Council as the apex policy body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for day-day operations, with seven national and nine zonal semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI's).
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Director General - Agricultural Technology Promotion.
Job Title: Deputy Director General Agricultural Technology Promotion
Reports to: Director General
Salary Grade: UR 1(ii)
• He/She will head the Directorate of Agricultural Technology Promotion responsible for coordinating the dissemination, promotion and commercialization of NARO's generated technologies and products. .
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Designing and implementing strategies and related activities that promote the visibility and impact of NARO.
• Promoting the commercialization of NARO's agricultural research technologies.
• Initiating effective partnerships and networks for enhanced technology uptake.
• Providing leadership and guidance in the development of relevant directorate policies, strategies and guidelines
• Coordinating the establishment and maintenance of a databank for agricultural research technologies, information products and development partners
• Guiding and supervising processes of packaging and disseminating agricultural research information and technologies for target user clients.
• Guiding and supervising the publication of new knowledge arising from national and international agricultural research
• Coordinating the preparation of annual plans and budgets for the Directorate of Agricultural Technology Promotion
• Deputizing the Director General
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A PhD in the field of Agricultural sciences, natural sciences or agricultural economics.
• At least 10 years' experience in agricultural research management and planning. A proven track record in agricultural research or research in related fields evidenced by at least four publications in peer reviewed journals or four book chapters or authored one book with a DOI number or registered two patents in the last five years,
• Evidence of technical knowledge and skills in research planning, monitoring and evaluation
• Demonstrated leadership qualities as well as team building and administrative skills Evidence of having had working relationships with national, regional and international research institutions and with government and private sector agencies.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and facilitate multi-stakeholder and multi-institutional teams of fellow scientists, academicians, policy makers, and members of the civil society.
• Must demonstrate a clear understanding and ability to uphold provisions of the Leadership Code Act, 2002.
• Must be a serving scientist at the level of a Director of Research or equivalent position in a research and development institution.
• Age limit: Not above 56 years by July 1st 2020. In addition to the CV, attach a matrix to the application to demonstrate compliance with each of the above ten requirements and a photocopy of the National Identification Card.
• Tenure of Office: The Deputy Director General - Agricultural Technology Promotion shall hold office for Five years' renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
The interested applicant should submit a hard copy of the application with a detailed curriculum vitae prefaced with a statement of not more than 250 words explaining why he or she considers oneself to be the most suitable candidate for the job.
He/She should provide day-time telephone numbers, name, e-mail and physical addresses of 3 (three) respectable referees who are able to provide a candid opinion on his/her professional abilities, personal attributes and suitability for appointment to this position.
The application letter, CV, copies of certificates and, testimonials should be submitted to the undersigned to reach him not later than 5:00 p.m. 20th April 2020.
The Director General,
National Agricultural Research Organization,
P.O. Box 295,
NARO is an equal opportunity employer.
This advert can also be viewed on NARO website at www.naro.go.ug
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.