Jobs at:Aga Khan University (AKU)
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents www.aku.edu . An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network www.akdn.org , AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14.000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access. The positions will be based in the Aga Khan University Kampala, Uganda Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates for the positions of:
2. Design Manager
Reporting to the Project Director, the Design Manager will assist the Project Director with managing projects in the Projects Office. This will include design management of projects undertaken by an external Consultant team as well as the architectural design and management of projects undertaken in-house. .
Tasks and Responsibilities
• This will include project design, planning, ensuring adherence to the design schedule and specified technical and quality requirements.
• Lead in the production of schematic design, design development and construction documents in consultation with Users.
• Prepare project feasibilities and review documents for quality control evaluation to ensure optimal utilization of resources to achieve the organizational goals
• Review new projects for compliance with the master plan to ensure smooth integration of the project.
• Plan, coordinate and maintain project design schedules.
• Ensure close out documentation and project archives are completed.
• Attend regular meeting with clients, consultants, contractors and other • specialist to build strategic relationships with key stakeholders • Lead the quality assurance team during construction
• Actively seek new design and construction methods.
• Oversees in-house construction phases of projects.
• Managing an in-house team and assigning tasks and responsibilities.
• Lead the quality assurance team during construction.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Education, Skills and experience:
• Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
• Be eligible for registration with the Architects Registration Board of Uganda. Proficient in AutoCAD, REVIT and equivalent software.
• Have a minimum of 10 years work experience with a reputable organization, at least five years of which must be outside Uganda.
• Have evidence based experience of working through all architectural stages from concept design to construction execution and supervision.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by email to email@example.com so as to reach not later than 27 March 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.