Jobs at:East African Ministries|4africa
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
East African Ministries|4africa is a faith-based organization that exist to exalt Jesus Christ by restoring and empowering people to become good stewards of their community and country- imparting biblical principles through sustainable clean water and preventative health initiatives while educating future leaders, all with a heart for service.
EAM|4africa has programs in Uganda and South Sudan and support offices in the US and Australia.
EAM|4africa is seeking for qualified candidates to the fill the following vacancies:
POSTING DATE: 6TH OCTOBER, 2021
Job Position: Driller (1 Position)
REPORTS TO: Lead Driller
PROJECT LOCATION: Northern Uganda
JOB TYPE: Graduate Apprentice/Intern
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 20th October 2021, 4:00pm
This position is field based and works under the supervision of the Lead Driller. The Driller will be responsible for collection and storage of accurate information for every well newly drilled or rehabilitated. The Driller will record drilling data in the process of the drilling and carry out filing/storage of completion and rehabilitation information obtained from the construction team.
Must be able to communicate 4africa’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that’s an example to others.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collect and file both on hard and soft copies high-quality hydrogeological and borehole construction data for each well in a standard format that can be made available anytime.
• Carry out timely and periodic preparation of well completion reports for each new well for submission to the relevant government authorities.
• Keep daily records such as start and end times of drilling and any breaks, and the reasons for them.
• Determine and record the depth of drilling by counting the number of drill pipes lowered down.
• Record depth and time of the first water strike and other strikes when drilling with air.
• Count and record the length and number of casings and screens installed.
• Count the number of bags of cement used.
• Observe the installation of gravel and the sanitary seal and well development.
• Carry out drilling, casing and development of new wells.
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office word and excel.
• Thorough understanding of applicable government environmental and safety regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in civil engineering, water engineering or related discipline.
• Be a highly motivated individual with a positive attitude to work and open to continuous learning and change.
• You should have good background knowledge in civil engineering.
• Demonstrated experience repairing/renovating boreholes
• The ideal person must be hard working, flexible and willing to learn. They must be open to new ideas and able to work under pressure.
• Possess a valid riding permit (Class A).
• Possession of a valid driving permit (class B) is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit a Cover Letter and CV only as one file in PDF and email it to
Type the JOB POSITION ONLY that you are applying for, as the subject of your email.
Address to: -
The Operations Manager
East African Ministries
P. O. BOX 17
NOTE: Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.