Jobs at:Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V.
Deadline of this Job:
25 June 2021
Date Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organisation Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. / Johanniter International Assistance
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organ-isation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, develop-ment co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects world-wide.
Job Location : Kampala, in Uganda (with frequent visits to field sites in Uganda)
Closing Date Application Friday, June 25, 2021
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Overall job purpose
The Driver will work as part of Johanniter Uganda’s Country Office team reporting to the Logistics,Procurement and Adminsitration manager who will be the overall supervisor. Based in Kampala, the incumbent the incumbent will drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the vehicles regularly and act accordingly in line with Johanniter Uganda policies.
Reporting to: Logistics, Procurement and Adminsitration manager (line supervisor)
Receives technical advice from: Head of Mission
Gives technical advice to: N/A
Standing in for: N/A
Roles and Responsibilities
• To drive designated organisation vehicles in safe and careful manner and ensure that all pasengers are secure and not to carry any unauthorised passengers ,load or carry fire arms.
• Ensure vehicles are duly checked e.g engine oil , battery terminals ,lighting system etc. be-fore any movement is affected
• Maintain the vehicle logbook and record accurately kilometer readings, fuel taken, the activ-ity assignments, parts /spares replaced.
• Maintains the relevant forms vehicle ledger and vehicle fuel forms assigned and submit a report to the Logistics, Procurement and Administration Manager.
• The driver is responsible for all loading and unloading of goods into the vehicle and ensures their security and condition while in the vehicle.
• Assist in updating logistics Manager on the expiry dates of the insurance licenses
• Ensure that the vehicle is serviced promptly by monitoring next service kilometer and sug-gests or reports any necessary repairs that need to be made.
• Reports any incident or driving incident, even minor to the Logistics Manager as quickly as possible and completes the necessary reports.
• Obeys all road traffice regulations ,including proper use of seat belts.The driver must ensure that he is in poseesion of a driving license when on driving duties.Payment of traffic
• offence fines is the driver’s responsibility and when he is personally responsible for an accident ,asanction could be imposed
• Ensures that the vehcile is kept clean and the interior tidy
• Ensure the vehicle is not over loaded with passengers or supplies
• Carries out any delivery or collection duties as may be necessary letters,visas,minor procurements etc
• The driver should make sure that fulfillment of his tasks, is carried out with full care in preserving the confidentiality of all matters related to the organisation’s operations
• Ensure that all vehicle movements are authorised
• Assit in any logistics function assigned and any other duties from time to time
• Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor in his or her absence ,his or her designate
• Ensur ethat renewal of organisational vehicle licenses is carried out in atimely manner by management.
Qualification and Experience:
• O’ Level Certificate as the minimum qualification required
• A certificate in Mechanical Engineering is desired
• At least 3 years’ experience with an international NGO and Humanitarian sector .
• Certificate in defensive driving is an added
• A clean driving record, valid Uganda driving License classes B, DL, CM and DM.
• Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance/mechanics
• A good command of both verbal/spoken and written English is necessary.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Defensive driving skills.
• Capacity to use the computer (basic skills)
• Good knowledge on use of office machines (copier, scanners, Telephone etc.)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Driver ” in the subject line of your e-mail and in the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.