- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Deadline of this Job:
16 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi- autonomous agency of Government responsible for maintenance of the National Statistical System to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of Statistical information. The Bureau has a dual role as the principal statistics producing agency and coordinator of the National Statistical System (NSS).
The Bureau seeks to recruit highly competent, motivated, results oriented and dynamic team players of good character and high integrity for the positions of Driver and Ofﬁce Attendant
Division Of Administration And Human Resource
JOB TITLE: Driver
JOB REFERENCE: UBOS/D/2020
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: (6)
SALARY SCALE: UBOS SP6
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: Permanent
REPORTS TO: Transport Ofﬁcer .
Key duties and responsibilities will be to:
• Drive UBOS vehicles to carry out authorised Bureau activities
• Deliver and collect Bureau materials, documents and correspondences to and from various locations, including upcountry locations/ﬁeld offices
• Receive take Bureau staff or visitors to different destinations including ﬁeld based activities whenever they travel and ensure they are safely transported to their destinations.
• Maintain vehicle log book indicating authorised users, mileage, fuel consumption and such other details of trips undertaken as may be required
• Ensure that the vehicle is properly cleaned, serviced and maintained in an excellent condition at all times
• Ensure that the UBOS vehicle is properly cleaned serviced and Maintained in an excellent condition at all times
• Work with the Transport ofﬁce, to ensure that licenses parking stickers, insurance and all other requirements by any authority are fulﬁlled and are up to date at all times
• Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to in line with the Road Safety Act
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Should possess a valid driving permit with at least B and DL classes; Class DH will be an added advantage
• Applicant should hold a minimum of ‘O’ Level Certiﬁcate (UCE) or its equivalent.
• Certiﬁcate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics or Preventive maintenance attained from a recognised institution will be an added advantage
Experience and other essential attributes
• A minimum of ﬁve years of Accident—free driving with experience in a credible organisation. Experience in public entities or Government establishment will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of applicable Uganda
Job Education: ‘O’ Level Certiﬁcate
Job Experience: ﬁve years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates with the requisite qualiﬁcations should send their applications with a detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of academic certiﬁcates in a sealed envelope.
Indicate at least 3 referees. Applications should be received not later than 16th March 2020 at 05:00pm.
Applications should be addressed to:
Manager Administration & Human Resource
Uganda Bureau of Statistics
Plot 9, Colville Street
P.0 Box 7186
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.