Deadline of this Job:
April 5, 2019
Date Posted: 25th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 2500000 , Minimum: 1750000 , Maximum: 7500000 , Period: MONTH
The USAID funded Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services - North, Lango Project (RHITES-N, Lango) is operating in the nine districts of the Lango sub-region of northern Uganda (Alebtong, Amolatar, Apac, Dokolo, Kole, Kwania, Lira, Otuke and Oyam). RHITES-N, Lango will increase the effective use of sustainable health services in the region. The Project is led by John Snow, Inc. in partnership with African Medical and Research Foundation (Amref), Doctors with Africa (CUAMM), The Medical Concierge Group (TMCG) and another Option. The project will contribute to measurable improvements in key Ugandan national health indicators (HIV; tuberculosis [TB]; malaria, maternal, newborn, and child health [MNCH]; family planning [FP]; water, sanitation, and hygiene [WASH]; and nutrition).
The USAID RHITES N, Lango Project, in partnership with Ministry of Health, Lira Regional Referral Hospital (LRRH) wishes to re-advertise for the following positions that were run in the New Vision Newspaper of March 11, 2019. USAID RHITES-N, Lango will facilitate the recruitment of qualified Ugandans on behalf of Lira RRH. The hospital is a 400 bed hospital situated in Lira Municipality in Lira town with a catchment population of about 2.3 million people. It is a referral facility offering both specialized and general services.
Job Title: Driver (1) U8
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: LRRH .
Roles and responsibilities:
• Ensure good condition of all equipment under his custody, including vehicle maintenance and safety gear
• Providing driving services for staff and others involved with our projects as instructed by line manager
• Checking basic maintenance (oil, coolant, water, tyre pressure, battery water) regularly.
• Maintaining a daily log of all trips, mileage and fuel consumption for monthly checking by line manager
• Completing information required for monthly vehicle reports to be submitted to Transport and Logistics Coordinator (TLC)
• Ensuring that all major incidents are reported to the TLC immediately.
• Ensuring that vehicles are taken to the garage in good time when faults emerge
• Ensuring that vehicle is clean at all times
• Any other duties as instructed by line manager
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Should have a minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UCE)
• Valid driving permit.
• 3 years’ experience in driving project vehicles.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications and CV addressed to the
Human Resource Office,
Lira Regional Referral Hospital
P.O Box 2, Lira, Uganda or have it hand delivered to the hospital not later than April 5, 2019.
The current job holders are encouraged to apply. Applicants whose qualifications have not changed in the advert do not need to re-apply.
The above positions are contract jobs and will be remunerated according to the Government of Uganda pay scales.