- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Monitor Publications Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda's most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced results oriented professional to fill the following vacancy. .
• The incumbent shall be overall in-charge of the Monitor Publications Limited Features section and leads strategic content planning for the section, commission writers and correspondents; and work closely with the team to execute in-depth feature stories and select articles for magazine issues in order to meet and exceed set targets and objectives.
• The role shall supervise the features Product Editors in charge of the magazines and writers and shall be responsible for their performance to ensure that features content is of high quality in terms of professionalism and timeliness.
• The incumbent shall attend editorial conferences and oversee the sourcing, generation, processing and publication of features content across the daily and weekend editions and ensures that the content is in line with the NMG Editorial Policy Guidelines, meets journalistic ethics, editorial objectives, house style and libel free.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, with good understanding of editorial practices, writing and editing requirements in a busy newsroom
• Good knowledge of general and current affairs
• Must have a good eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
• Good organizational skills and ability to work effectively with the team and collate material from multiple sources
• Ability to track, review and manage team performance effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills
• Very strong analytical skills
• Strong writing and reporting skills
• Innovative and creative
• Flexible and agile
• Drive for results
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Applicants for the role will typically have a university degree and strong journalism skills, including experience in managing teams, preferably in a newsroom.
• Knowledge of and passion for features is highly desirable as is familiarity with multimedia story-telling formats and a willingness to innovate and lead with conviction and enthusiasm.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number by 20th March 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.