Electronic Medical Record Business Analyst
Jobs at:Global Programs for Research and Training
Deadline of this Job:
23 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Established in 2016, the Global Programs for Research and Training, based in Kampala, is a Non- Governmental Organization registered in Uganda to represent the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) East Africa projects. UCSF’s Global Strategic Information (GSI) has worked closely with CDC/PEPFAR for over 8 years with a focus on on strategic information (SI) and development of associated Health Information Systems (HIS). Additionally GSI has more than 10 years’ experience working on HIS in over 15 countries in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), the Caribbean, Southeast Asia, and eastern Europe, providing high-level strategic thinking, technical assistance (TA) in the development of all levels of HIS systems, data presentation and interpretation, and local capacity building. UCSF has always worked closely with multiple stakeholders on the ground including MOHs, institutions of higher education, and implementing partners (IP). Currently, UCSF’s GSI will lead a Health Information Systems Technical Assistance Consortium (HISTAC) with a focus on an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) OpenMRS HIV Reference Implementation (OHRI) and Central Data Strategies and Implementation (CDSI). The project will span over five countries: Uganda, Kenya, Mozambique, Haiti, and Nigeria.
• The EMR Business Analyst is an integral part of the team of HIS developers. He / She works with stakeholders in health information systems to collect and translate customer needs (MOH, funders, stakeholders, implementers, and end users) into requirements documentation necessary for the development of new products, functionality and reports to ultimately develop a reference application for OpenMRS. He / She will be responsible for working with the team of developers to design graphical interfaces for the system and features, test the products created by the developers, and to ensure communication between the stakeholders and the team of developers. Examples of software products include: data entry, data review, reporting, and integration.. .
• Collaborate with country-level MOH (Uganda, Kenya, Mozambique, Haiti, Nigeria), implementing partners and technical experts to identify and document future needs and translate them into functional requirements and specifications;
• Develop requirements through modeling proposed data flows, workflow diagrams, and functional decomposition diagrams;
• Determine operational objectives by studying clinical operations; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats;
• Work with the development and testing team to track requirements during the development process and support testing software against business, functional, and technical requirements;
• Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and meeting reports;
• Research, review and resolve software defects with the team of developers;
• Document decisions made and action items for internal and external meetings with MOH, partners and other stakeholders;
• Participate in technical discussions with the programmatic and clinical areas;
• Assess whether the anticipated requirements add value to the end product and liaise with users if requirements are not implementable;
• Perform the impact analysis of newly requested features on existing products;
• Support documentation of new features or products;
• Create end-user documentation to enable consistent use
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, Computer Engineering or similar areas;
• At least five years of proven and demonstrable experience in gathering requirements, writing technical and end-user documentation and software testing preferably in the health domain;
• English language proficiency in reading, writing and speaking;
• Experience in healthcare (especially HIV) strongly preferred;
• Ability to carry out work with great attention to detail.
Duration: November 1, 2020 – September 29, 2021 (with possibility of extension – 5 year Cooperative Agreement)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates must submit their CV in English, accompanied by a letter of application, to the email Info.Uganda@ucglobalprograms.org indicating the title of the position in the subject line of the email and in the cover letter. The closing date is October 23rd, 2020. Only electronic CV’s will be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.