- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
EO - Special Needs Education (Deaf)
Jobs at:Uganda National Examinations Board
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: EO - Special Needs Education Deaf)-1 position
Responsible to: SEO - Special Needs Education
Responsible for: EO- Ad-hoc field staff
Salary Scale: EBS
• Purpose of the Job: To carry out field implementation of activities relating to examinations modifications as per the access arrangements required and assisting in monitoring the examinations and assessment needs affecting candidates with special educational needs with particular reference to deaf candidates. .
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assisting in the assessment and coordination procedures for candidates with Special Educational Needs (SENs) at all levels (PLE, UCE and UACE) particularly the Deaf.
• Working together with the Test Development Teams in modifying test items for learners with SENs particularly for the Deaf.
• Making decisions in the modifications of examinations for particularly the Deaf Candidates Participating in the Awards Committee meetings as may be required to guide on matters of deaf candidates
• Participating in the development and production of the UNEB-SNE t 'assessment and examinations policy with particular reference to the deaf
• Ensuring timely identification processes, registration processes, examinations access arrangements processes to enable candidates with SENs sit their examinations with relative ease with particular reference to the deaf.
• Preparing specialized procurement processes for the section especially those affecting deaf candidates.
• Providing professional advice on the conduct of Psycho Educational Assessment for candidates with SENs with particular reference to the deaf.
• Liaising with the internal and external partners in the field of SNE and Inclusive Education on best assessment and examinations practices for learners with SEN with particular reference to the deaf.
• Providing continuous professional SNE-examinations awareness campaigns within the Secretariat and outside amongst the relevant stakeholders like Scouts, Invigilators, Supervisors about examinations challenges affecting the Deaf candidates.
Key Performance Indicators
• SNE Candidature generically prepared.
• Test items for Deaf prepared.
• Psycho-educational assessment results prepared.
• Benchmarks pre-tested and adopted.
Key Decision Making
• Generic records of SNE Deaf Candidature prepared by SNE Teams.
• Modifies Deaf Culture Test items production schedules
• Psycho-Educational Assessments.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Hons Bachelor's degree in either special needs education Deaf Education Option or Arts /Sciences with a post graduate diploma in special needs education Deaf Education Option or the equivalent.
• A minimum of 3 years of practical teaching experience in the field of SNE teaching the Deaf.
• High sense of empathy.
• Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills,
• Must have Uganda Sign language reading, writing and signing skills
• Must have Sign Language Teaching/Signing experience
• Must have previous experience as Examiner.
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• High degree of confidentiality and integrity
Terms of Service: Permanent
• Age limit: 35 - 45 years
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees in hard spit's the delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org , NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 20 March 2020.
The Executive Secretary
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way - Ntinda
PO Box 7066 - KAMPALA
*NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.