Jobs at:African International Christian Ministry (AICM)
Deadline of this Job:
08 March 2021
Date Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Brief back ground
African International Christian Ministry (AICM) is a non-governmental, non-denominational, non-partisan and a non-profit making organization founded in 1983 by Bishop Enoch W. M. Kayeeye with a vision for an empowered, transformed and self-sustaining community in Africa to be achieved through reaching, mobilizing and empowering rural communities and marginalized groups in Africa through capacity building and advocacy for sustainable development.
As an indigenous organization, AICM is registered with the Uganda National NGO Bureau and has its headquarters on Plot M. 374 Rushambya Road, Kirigime Ward, Southern Division, Kabale Municipality, Kabale District in the Republic of Uganda, approx. 411 km Southwest of the capital, Kampala.
The organisation wishes to recruit a competent person to the position of the Executive Director as per the job specifications below:
▪ Reports to: Management Board
▪ Supervision: AICM staff (Programmes and Finance and Administration Officer)
▪ Part of: Management Committees.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Take on the oversight leadership role to ensure effective policy and programs implementation in line with the organization’s vision, mission & objective
2. Provide technical support and ensure quality programs implementation
3. Support resource mobilisation / fundraising, partnerships and networking
4. Contribute to strategy development and strategic visioning for the organization in line with the local and international contexts.
5. Coordinate, supervise and oversee program activity implementation and participate in their evaluation
6. Lead decision making on program development, partnership agreements and reviews and improvement measures
7. Take lead in planning sessions, budget monitoring & efficient resource utilisation at AICM.
8. Ensure all statutory and donor reports meet the required standards and are submitted within the stipulated timelines.
9. Contribute to AICM’s visibility on the national & international scenes.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
• A Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social work & Administration, Business administration or closely related disciplines.
• At least 5 years working experience in an NGO setting with senior leadership role especially in Uganda
• Must be God fearing
• Must have passion for working with vulnerable communities
• Experience in managing multiple programs and organizational management skills
• Knowledge in managing donor relations and operation requirements
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills with ability to decipher macro and micro issues in the related fields of operation
• Good communication and writing skills
• Ability to build team work
• Personal integrity and accountability
Job Education Requirements: Master’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
A motivational letter and CV should be addressed to Management Board, African International Christian Ministry (AICM); P. O. Box 459, and sent to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 8th March 2021. For further information, call +256- 772591662/ 700640124. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted..
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.