- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Fields of Life (FOL)
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Fields of Life (FOL) was established in 1993. Since then it has developed substantially in both size and vision. FOL is committed to sharing the Christian faith by collaborating with local communities and churches in East Africa to bring about positive change through the provision of quality education, clean water, health promotion and other community based projects.
Job Title: Executive Director- East Africa
Responsible to: CEO
Responsible for: A team of over 40 full-time employees based in Uganda and Rwanda
FOL would like to identify a capable and experienced Executive Director who is highly motivated and dynamic with passion, vision, initiative, good interpersonal skills and high standards. The applicant will be a proven leader with a strong track record of leading high performing teams. This is an exciting opportunity to strategically develop the work of Fields of Life internationally alongside our CEO..
• To provide effective Christian leadership for FOL East Africa and to cultivate and maintain organisational culture that is always focused on the provision of world class service to our beneficiaries.
• To provide effective line management of FOL staff members in both Uganda & Rwanda. Lead, support and motivate all staff and volunteers to secure their loyalty and commitment to the charity's aims, objectives and ambitions.
• To be responsible for co-ordinating and managing all FOL East African operations, including the efficient control of financial, operational & human resources.
• To support the CEO with East African / HO inter-office communication specifically regarding financial reporting and donor feedback.
• To develop and implement a strategy of local fundraising / resource mobilisation and foster a culture of self-reliance and sustainability within FOL East Africa.
• To manage and provide oversight on all policy, regulatory & governance matters in various FOL operating jurisdictions and to prepare regular reports and updates on all operations and activities against key organisational metrics to the CEO and board of directors.
• As and when considered necessary or appropriate the post holder will be prepared to transfer to or undertake other duties in order to meet fluctuations or priorities in work demands at the CEO’s discretion and be prepared to travel worldwide and on occasions be prepared to work at evenings or weekends.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s Degree level qualification (or equivalent professional qualiﬁcation) in international development business or management related discipline or be able to demonstrate significant relevant experience (Essential)
• A proven track record in senior management, reporting directly to a Board or at Senior Director Level.
• Significant experience in financial management and ability to demonstrate strong managerial and organisational skills
• An understanding of charity and/or company law in East Africa.
• Knowledge of the funding streams available to the sector and how these might best be exploited especially in country.
• Proven influencing and networking skills that have delivered organisational benefits and which inspire trust and involvement from diverse stakeholders; a proven ambassador.
A full job description and specification for the position can be obtained from www.kazijobs.com
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send a cover letter and your CV with details of 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Application should be marked “FOL Executive Director" Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
People Performance Group
Plot B Kitente Close, (off Yusul Lula Road) Kitante
P.0. Box12405, Kampala - Uganda
Closing date Friday 21st February 2020 at 5.00pm
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Committed Christians are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.