- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:International Lifeline Fund
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Factory Manager
Position Type: Full Time Staff
Reports to: Country Director/ Senior Program Manager- Environment .
Location: Lira, Uganda
ILF is seeking a dynamic factory manager in Lira, Uganda to take on the responsibility of overseeing our Fuel-Efficient Gookstove production facility to meet the goals and objectives of our social enterprise. The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of production center performance and will ensure objectives are attained in a cost- effective manner that's consistent with quality requirements. He or she will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the production center. in addition, the candidate must have strong problem solving and analytical skills, familiarity with factory operations, and strong attention to detail. The candidate must have expertise in production scheduling/flow, familiarity with machines, setting quality control protocols, and proficient with spreadsheets to analyze production data and create reports to be presented for decision makers..
Program Management Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Country Director and the Senior Program Manager will undertake the following responsibilities:
• Manage daily production center operations and processes.
• Prepare, analyze and issue production and performance reports.
• Create and enforce quality control standards procedures interms oi production and operations.
• Create and implement machine maintenance standard operating procedures.
• Prepare annual forecast and quarterly operating budgets and monthly reports in coordination with the Senior Program Manager, Finance Manager and Country Director.
• Work with larger team to develop strategies to increase productivity and production.
• Control costs to achieve company budget goals.
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance needs are met.
• Analyze factory production data and devising improvement strategies.
• Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program. a Assure the quality of finished products.
• Track expenses and actively analyze cost saving methods.
• Prepare material requirement plan and production forecast.
• Maintaining clear communications with logistics team to ensure proper logistical support for the factory.
• Participate in interviewing and selecting staff and train new hires on factory policies and procedures and program activities on a regular basis.
• Train staff on proper usage of machinery and reporting functions.
• Manage operational team scheduling.
• Build the capacity of the production staff on operations and production optimization.
• Provide strategic input for program improvement and recommend changes to enhance the programs (e.g. business plan development) as appropriate.
Stove Production - Scale up
• Optimize ILF stove production in improving capacity to reach higher levels.
• Work very closely with,lLF Production team, CD, HO Deputy Director, land relevant external consultants in developing tools, which can optimize production and operations.
• Collaborate with ILF team in improving the product quality.
• Review the existing Stove models production and recommend best ways forward to support near future mass production and marketing.
• Provide support and advice to CD in overall Stove related production & operation aspects.
• Work closely with Country Director in regards to all procurement, contract agreements with vendors and suppliers and respecting all ILF and donor financial policies and protocols for transactions related to Stove production.
• Coordinate and Support Logistics department in ensuring all necessary logistics support related to Stove production.
• Bachelor‘s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred or related field of manufacturing systems
• 5+ years‘ factory operations experience
• Able to lead root cause analysis investigations
• Proficient with MS Office
• Able to explain training material to our operating staff
• Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
• Solar technology experience
• Excellent communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor‘s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5+ years
Work Hours: 8
Please send a copy your cover letter, resume and academic by email using the below information. Deadline for submission is 28th February 2020 by end of business day. Only successful candidate shall be contacted.
International Lifeline Fund
P.0.Box 70 Lira, Uganda
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.