- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Field Assistant - DINU
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services
Deadline of this Job:
10 April 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About DINU Project:
The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Uganda, in partnership with CARE are implementing the Inclusive Market-based Development for Smallholder Farmers in Northern Uganda Project. The goal of this 36 months programme is designed to increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition and enhance household income in the Karamoja Sub-region, and Katakwi District. The Specific Objective of the DINU programme is to increase food security, improve maternal and child nutrition and enhance household incomes through support to diversified food production and commercial agriculture and through improved household resilience (notably to climate change) and women empowerment. The target population is expected to receive support to engage in diversified agricultural production and establish linkages to commercial input and output markets and financial services to engage in commercial agriculture allowing for improved food security and improvement of nutrition specifically amongst children, women and adolescents. The project will also include specific and nutrition sensitive interventions and support Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and family planning (FP) with a strong focus on gender equality and empowerment of women and youth.
Job Summary: The Field Assistant (Supervisors) will assist project implementation by working directly with local partners and community members, coordinating various project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) work, to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community relation skills ensure that the local partners and communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• You will lead the mobilization and training of community-based participants in the sector assigned and report through the project cycle - start-up, implementation and close-out - in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
• Effectively engage and build capacity of the community leads in each sector to support quality project implementation.
• Recruit and supervise community volunteers (SILC and Agriculture agents, Community Animal Health workers, PSPs; VHT members, MCGs, Lead Mothers, and facilitate establishment of SILC groups, farmers and PSPs) across the project areas and keenly monitor progress and provide ongoing support through regular field visits.
• Participate in the project monitoring, learning and evaluation activities following MEAL guidelines
• Share information about climate changes and landscape management practices to enable the program to adapt during implementation.
• Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
• Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the partners and beneficiaries at the community level to assist in strengthening the community interest, involvement and support networks.
• Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
• Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices..
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal applicant for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Field Assistant - DINU job must hold a Diploma in the field of Agriculture livelihoods or Nutrition. Degree in Agriculture or Nutrition related field would be an advantage.
• At least two to three years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of Agriculture and value chain and for an NGO.
• Ability to communicate to communities and local leaders
• Experience in writing basic reports.
• Strong written and verbal communication/Written skills in English
• Strong written and spoken communication skills Karamojong.
• Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Job Education: Diploma
Job Experience: three years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All candidates should Email a cover letter and CV only to email@example.com . Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste - FIELDASSISTANT. All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.