Jobs at:Forum For Women In Democracy
Deadline of this Job:
19 September 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Forum for Women in Democracy is a non-partisan women’s organization operating in Uganda with its head office in Kampala. FOWODE grew out of the Women’s Caucus of the 1994 – 1995 Constituent Assembly (CA) that debated and passed the 1995 Constitution. The organization’s mission is to promote gender equality in all areas of decision making through capacity development, community empowerment, policy engagement and strategic partnerships. .
FOWODE is looking for a Field Officer to lead the implementation of the organization’s work in Mubende district. The Officer will:
• Be the contact person for FOWODE at the district level
• Manage the FOWODE Field Office
• Organise and manage FOWODE activities at district level
• Prepare project/activity narrative and financial reports
• Participate in fundraising through developing concepts and identifying potential partners
• Supervise FOWODE resource persons including interns in the district
• Represent FOWODE at district and other stakeholders meetings
• Network and collaborate with the local government, other likeminded organisations and partners with the goal of advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment
• Maintain and safeguard FOWODE property at the district level
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of a Diploma in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Psychology and Development Studies or related field. Must have knowledge of gender and women’s rights. Knowledge of Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
• The individual should be self-driven with an interest in continuous learning.
Experience skills and knowledge
• Minimum of two years working at field level
• Good report writing and communication skills
• Computer skills with knowledge in internet usage
• Must be resident in Mubende.
• Must be able to communicate fluently in the local language
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
FOWODE is an equal opportunities employer. Interested individuals should send their applications including their curriculum vitae and copies of academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver to the address below;
The Executive Director
Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
Plot 15 Vubya Close, Ntinda - Nakawa Road
P.O. Box 7176
The above advert can also be found on our website www.fowode.org
Applications should be sent not later than 19th October 2020 at 5.00pm. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.