Field Team Supervisor
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests.
We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: Jinja, Uganda
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Uganda. Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career. .
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage staffing database for Operations Management and update regularly
• Support in managing planting monitoring by data entering and maintaining Planting Tracker Database
• Support FOPs Administration Assistant in all administrative tasks, including photocopying copying, scanning, taking minutes, etc.
• Coordinate preparation/logistics for district meetings/trainings
• Compile KPIs and other district data entry tasks
• Put together district budgets, payments and procurement requests
• Ensure prompt and accurate payment of casuals and all other district related payments
• Collect and fill receipts for all transactions
• QC and issue Roster reports
• Follow-up with support on district-level repayment analyses and reports for Field Officer’ and Field Managers’ as instructed by Operations Management
• Deliver sustainability or finance trainings to field staff as required (such as use of phone number collection forms, Group Leader change forms, input verification forms, FI claims forms) and explain tools or data sources as required to support field staff
• Collect materials and forms and hand over to Business Operations
• Update district-specific tools as requested by Field Leaders or Operations Management using Excel or G-suit applications
• Act as a liaison with Business Operations to raise any concerns related to repayment reports or roster issues
Product Warranty Processing
• Receive and QC all product warranty requests to ensure product is eligible for repair or replacement
• Process all valid product warranty requests, fill database, and send to HQ for processing
• Follow-up with Product Team and track incoming products to return to FO’s
• Follow-up with members to ensure Field Officers delivered repaired products
Funeral Insurance Processing
• Review all incoming FI claim forms and refund requests to ensure client is registered and all required information has been submitted to stakeholders
• Process all claims in the FIRST Database and submit all required information to Finance for processing
• Support in FI Claims follow-up in collaboration with Business Operations Team and support to Field staff on filling forms
• Organize for Staff and Products Kits delivery and return as needed
• Receive inventory and materials at Monday Meetings, signing off on amounts and distributing to field staff as appropriate
• Submitting documentation of receipt of goods back to the logistics team
• QC and oversee return of IDS on all non-ID items to ensure compliance and report violations to HR Office Administrator
• Write and provide quality checking relevant trainings for Field Operations execution
• Order for and organize printing for trainings
• Manage Field Execution trainings through assessments, long term reviews and organization
• General organization of the district/hub office and maintaining supplies of stationary and equipment
• Maintain and manage district property and inventories
• Liaise with IT departments to ensure functioning of all IT equipment in district/regional offices
• Represent One Acre Fund as the front face of the Office
• Maintain communication and relationships with district relevant vendors
Assist in any other duties requested by Field Operations, depending on capacity and within reason
Job Skills: Not Specified
We are seeking junior professionals with minimum one year of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
• 1 year of professional working experience managing logistics and transportation, teams and general office operations support.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint, G suit and Intermediate or better typing speed.
• Candidates should possess a high ability to pay attention to detail and also portray developed planning skills and organization skills. S/He should be goal oriented with a willingness to work with farmers.
• Strong educational background; A Diploma in Procurement and Logistics/ Supply chain management/ Transportation, Office management, Economics, Business Administration or a related field.
• Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
• Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds. Language: English required. Knowledge of Luganda, Lusoga or other Ugandan languages strongly preferred.
Job Education: Diploma
Job Experience: 1 year
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified Candidates can apply through the following link: https://grnh.se/03896c481
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here email@example.com, but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.