Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2021
Date Posted: Monday, May 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role
The Finance Associate will play a key role in finance operations of our business, including keeping financial records, preparing reports, processing business transactions, handling accounts payable and expense reports and updating financial information. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily/Monthly postings of Sales, Expenses, purchase invoices and Card expenses with all reconciliations
• Payments processing – Preparation of vendor payment vouchers in the company’s accounting system (Xero) & upload to the bank
• Petty cash management and processing petty cash vouchers.
• Account reconciliations for all Banks, Cards and Petty Cash
• Provide support for external party requirements e.g Banks etc
• Monthly closing and updating of all Schedules
• Filing and ensuring all accounting records are properly kept and that the records can be easily retrieved when necessary (Digital or Physical)
• Ensure taxes are calculated and filed accurately and in a timely manner
• Assist in the preparation and creation of Finance Standard operating procedures
• Dig through data and analyse it to find any variances/anomalies and help the tech team sort them out
• Participate in the annual statutory audit.
• Any other duty assigned to you by management
What We Offer
• Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
• Flexible vacation
• All risk Insurance
• Office lunch
• Opportunity for company stock options
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or business related discipline from a reputable university.
• Professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, CPA and CFA would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 2-years relevant work experience.
• Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Good grasp of financial & management accounting.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Excellent knowledge of accounts analysis and reconciliation.
• Ability to prepare financial statements.
• Excellent grasp taxation & relevant legislation.
• Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: https://www.sendyit.com/careers#op-448444-finance-associate-uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.