Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist
Jobs at:Financial Sector Deepening Uganda ( FSDU )
Deadline of this Job:
30th May 2019
Date Posted: 14th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda ( FSDU ) is an independent not-for- profit company committed to promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). FSD Uganda works with both public and private sector players to develop sustainable improvements in the livelihoods of low-income individuals through reduced vulnerability to shocks, increased incomes and employment creation. We support innovation, conduct research, help promote and improve policy, laws and regulation that shape the financial sector in Uganda through targeted Technical Assistance (TA) and grants. FSD Uganda is funded by Department for International Development (DFID) UKaid and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We are part of a network of eight other financial inclusion organizations working in the Sub Saharan region of Africa.
FSDU wishes to recruit experienced professionals for the positions given below. For the full job descriptions and more information please visit FSDU website www.fsduganda.or.ug
Job Title: Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
FSD Uganda is looking for a dynamic, passionate gender specialist to develop and lead FSDU’s high-quality Gender and Social Inclusion Programme that ensures women and persons living with disability benefit from FSDU’s eff orts. The role will be responsible for understanding and subsequently working towards eliminating the systemic, and practice-based biases, constraints that prevent women and persons with disabilities from fully benefiting from financial services or using financial services to fulfil their ambitions. The gender specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing FSDU’s gender and disability work – integrating gender mainstreaming and gender transformative approach to our programmatic work..
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESULTS AREAS
• Lead FSD Uganda’s gender and social inclusion strategy, implementation, evidence monitoring, impact and learning agenda. Understanding the Landscape
• Lead FSD Uganda’s understanding (supply side and policy eff orts, demand side needs) on current engagements across all industry actors on gender and disability in financial services. Transformative and Mainstreaming Gender and Disability Approach
• Understand, integrate and develop tools to eff ectively monitor gender and disability mainstreaming among FSDU’s programs.
• Lead the development of FSDU’s gender and disability programs. Program Delivery
• Develop tools to support gender and disability integration within FSDU and partner interventions.
• Equip the staff and partner staff with gender analysis and assessment tools to enhance performance.
• Support the development of actions plans for gender and disability activities.
Research, Thought Leadership
• Plan and coordinate gender and disability research initiatives and ensure dissemination of research findings Monitoring and Reporting on gender and disability work in FSDU
• Provide professional guidance to staff and partners on gender and disability monitoring and evaluation.
• Make recommendations on changes on set strategies where necessary.
FSDU Team and Vendor Management
• Develop robust Terms of References (TORs) to select high quality consultants, or service providers in the roll out of gender and disability programmatic activities.
• A Bachelor’s degree in any field.
• A Master’s degree (added advantage)
Job related experience
• At least 7-10 years of demonstrable experience, 5 of which have been in developing and implementing a gender porfolio, gender related programming – preferably in the financial services domain.
• Demonstrable experience in gender mainstreaming within programmes
• Demonstrable experience either developing gender tools and frameworks and / or delivering these frame works and tools (internally within the organisation and externally with partners)
• Demonstrable research skills
• Exceptional communications skills
• Team work skills
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications to The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box: 34934, Kampala, Uganda. by Email: email@example.com The applications must contain (a) cover letter capturing your experience and why you are keen to work with FSDU and (b) your resume with names and contact details of 3 references. Please specify the position applied for in the subject line of email message. For the position of Communications Specialist, please also at each two writing samples. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 30th May 2019. For more in formation, please visit FSDU w ebsite: www.fsduganda.or.ug . FSDU is an equal opportunity employer.