Jobs at:National Forum of People Living With HIV/AIDS Networks Uganda (NAFOPHANU)
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who we are:
NAFOPHANU is a nonprofit making Non-Governmental Organization with a country wide mandate to provide systematic and all inclusive coordination structure for People Living with HIV (PLHIV) networks, associations and support groups in Uganda
Job Title: Gender Consultant.
No of Vacancy: 01
Duration: 35 Days
Reports to: Program Manager.
Location: Kampala, with frequent travels to Karamoja, Acholi and West Nile Region
Assignment: The primary task of the Gender consultant will be to ensure the strategic direction of activities and integrate relevant gender related issues into the Community Scorecard (CSC) processes and activities within the districts of implementation.
Minimum academic Qualifications
• Master degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, Social Welfare, Development Studies or a related field
• Minimum 05 years of experience in gender mainstreaming, and well experienced in needs assessment planning and implementation;
• Diversified and progressively responsible professional experience in Gender
Job descriptions and Responsibilities:
• Develop a gender specific operational plan and detailed work plan of activities to ensure gender mainstreaming in the score card processes.
• Conduct a training needs assessment of gender staff;
• Develop an Internal Gender Policy to guide the project
• Develop a Gender mainstreaming strategy for the project
• Provide advice on mainstreaming gender in working with disability groups;
• Oral presentation skills.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Knowledge and expertise in gender mainstreaming practices in Community Score Card Activities
• The candidate should have significant experience in providing practical advice to stakeholders, partners, local governments and donor community
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to foster networks and partnerships, and good working knowledge of information and computer technology.
• Displays analytical judgment and demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask under pressure and to meet strict deadlines often under hardship conditions.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates can submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com Subject: Position applied for or can be hand delivered to NAFOPHANU head office located at Plot 213 Sentema Road, Mengo
Deadline for Submission: 22 October, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.